IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just got my new system installed. I got the 9815 and Boston Acoustic Rally RC520's in the front and FX5's in the back. No sub and everything is being powered by the head unit. Everything sounds good but I took at look at the I-personalize site for it and not being a big car audio guy it didn't make a lot of sense to me. Has anyone used the custom settings and do ya have any insight or info that might help me understand a bit more :)

Thanks
Rage

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
i-personalize is just a quick convenient way to get all of those settings input into the HU. Time correction, you'll still need to measure the distance between you and the speakers...you'll still need to pick your crossover points, but i-Personalize lets you burn that info to a CD and load it all just that easy.

My question is if anyone has made those measurements and wouldn't mind sharing them. I'm just getting ready to throw the system in and haven't gotten to the measurements yet.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Prodrive Mud Flaps

I might do that come spring when sitting in my car out in the garage won't freeze my arse off. The person who installed my system had it all set up when I picked up the car. For now it sounds great but I am curious about the measurements myself and if it would make a difference if it was exact. If I do it I will post the measurements.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alright guys, here's the measurements I came up with. Be warned that I did them by myself so they may be a little off. My rear speakers are in the door too. I also sit pretty far back, such that my head's next to the B-pillar (between the front and rear doors, right?) and I'm actually closer to the rear left speaker than the front left:

For the driver's seat in cm: LF-90 RF-143 LR-77 RR-130
For behind the driver in cm: LF-180 RF-210 LR-108 RR-135
Flip the L's and R's to get passenger side seats.

This will yield these delays in milliseconds:
Driver: LF-1.5 RF-0 LR-1.9 RR-0.4
Behind Driver: LF-0.9 RF-0 LR-3.0 RR-2.2
Flip the L's and R's to get passenger side seats.

With Time Correction on, the 9815 pushes the closest speaker "outside" the car, making sound arrive at your ears simultaneously:
You'll notice slightly that the sound shifts from your side of the car toward the center.
In the back seat, you'll notice that it shifts from the speaker near you to almost inside your head (when against the headrest).

Lemme know how it turns out! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts