1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so,

Ive got some money I would like to put into the car:

I really was thinking about a clearbra,

what do you guys thing? Should i go for it, or spend my money on other mods??

thanks for your help

any and all opinions please tell me

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellas, yeah i have the rally armor, the lip is a great idea, i just dont know if i should go for protection before looks

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
clear bra = first thing i did to my car, along with tint.

Great idea.
You won't get mad when you find chips, because you won't find any. It's a good feeling.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
rally armors or the clearbra

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
La Mer said:
clear bra = first thing i did to my car, along with tint.

Great idea.
You won't get mad when you find chips, because you won't find any. It's a good feeling.

the thing is I already have a couple, damn highway, I thinki might go with it, around how much did they run you?

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
I say combine that with the sale of your muffler for something else ;)

Possibly Accessport?

·
Banned
8,226 Posts
You should only put on a clear bra right away you buy the car, or after it gets a repaint. I dont see a point of putting it on when there are already chips in the paint. Either way its a good buy, just really expensive.

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
If the paint is already chipped, I would wait for when you get a respray, and then immediately get the clear bra.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Actually just had it done. I had to wait 2 weeks after the front bumper was repainted at the specific direction of several clear bra shops.

They told me that the paint needs to cure for at least 2 weeks unless it's an OEM paint job. If the paint's not strong enough, the adhesive solution they use to install the clearbra film can actually tear paint off if the paints still curing.

They were willing to do mine after 2 weeks only because they assigned 2 installers for the job, which took half the time and gave them more forgiveness to move the film around before it really started grabbing.

Make sure they do the edges well too since dirt and crap can get in areas peeling off on edges and it's damn near impossible to fix without cutting.

I got the entire bumper done for $275 installed and I didn't even have to order a model specific kit since they cut to order. I'll repaint the fenders, mirrors and hood next spring and have those done as well. Do your headlights as well while you're at it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
scubadiver424 said:
so,

Ive got some money I would like to put into the car:

I really was thinking about a clearbra,

what do you guys thing? Should i go for it, or spend my money on other mods??

thanks for your help

any and all opinions please tell me
that is a exellent idea i wish i would of done that first because it would of saved my hood and bumper especialy when i drive up skiing but it needs to be repainted so im going to wait to get my bra tell i get this done.:tup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts