IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my 04 sti two week ago.... (used one)
While driving a friend back to lakewood some jerk driving in a suv ran me off the road :evil: .... insurance company will not cover damage(jumped a curb with car) :cry:
Need following:
1. One gold BBS wheel, if have too will buy two rims tires are not needed

·
Registered
454 Posts
You'd probably be better off just going to the dealer and buying one, I don't think it's gonna be real easy to find one wheel.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yea mine is dinged up also, and I couldn't find one online anywhere. I found a place that sells all 4...but I cant find it now.

Dealer here wants 720$ for one rim. I may live with it or get another set of Tarmak II's in a diffrent color instead.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
The situation with the BBS's is kind of funny. For $720/wheel you can certainly do a lot better than stock. I guess we'll be the only guys in town with winter wheels that are more expensive than our *nice* wheels.

Reminds me of the guy with the EG hatch who's STi is his "slow" car.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Yeah, but my guess is that the Firebird is a different kind of fast.

It's kind of interesting how the STi is out there in the middle. Some people seem to see it as a potential drag car, others as more of a track car.

I'm looking forward to seeing some evolutionary breadth.

·
Registered
454 Posts
sciolist said:
Yeah, but my guess is that the Firebird is a different kind of fast.
Its an automatic, it's not really geared towards road course or autocross. But on the street it can hold it's own.

It's kind of interesting how the STi is out there in the middle. Some people seem to see it as a potential drag car, others as more of a track car.
I think a lot of people take the F-body for granted based on it's earlier history, but the 4th Gen is just as much a track car as it is a drag racer.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I certainly didn't mean to slight the Firebird... and it's true that I don't know much about F-bodies. I'm guessing that you see some different potential in the STi though, or presumably you wouldn't have kept them both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thanks.... it sucks with one bent rim...
I may buy one from the dealer... due to the fact that iam repairing my poor STI.
Snow sucks but whats worse is that I was ran off the road by a suv on a snow day...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
How do you get ran off the road?

I would've made him hit you, and let his insurance pay for your repairs instead of your wallet....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts