IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 04' WRX Sti.

I want to change my clutch with a smoother and powerfull one.

I must handle approx. 350-400hp.
Also, it must be easy to drive in high trafic areas, more simply i need a smooth one.

I am waiting for your help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya what dont you like about it? besides that I've heard good things about the ACT carbon clutches, be ready to pay a good bit for em though

Robert~

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
The clutch is nice and smooth so long as the driver is. :D Took me a little getting used to, but nothing a couple days didn't cure.

I seem to recall when high horsepower cars used to have real manly clutches, now they are so much nicer in that respect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grind in 2nd gear.

The standard clutch is smooth :) but the clutch is nearly finished.

I want a new clutch which is suitable for 350-400hp applications and also i want it to be smooth like the standard one :))

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
who likes/wants the jdm sidemarkers...

RadarOnPaws said:
Just curious, how many miles did it take you to finish the original off??
and is this your first manual car?

Robert~

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
WhiteKnight said:
I want a new clutch which is suitable for 350-400hp applications...
it seems like ours would be suitable for that power range. (?) it is a 300hp car and must surely have a clutch stronger than 300hp.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Racing Sparco Tarmacs on silver

Yes its my first manual car.I am not sure when the clutch is going to finish but i want to order my new clutch early.

Also, i am thinking about tuning the car after sometime , so it must be suitable with 350-400hp kits.

Its not 300hp, it is 265hp.

Because i have the european version :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Your clutch shouldn't need to be replaced regularly.... it should last... quite a long time. Definately not within one year....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts