IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Topspeed in atlanta, ga... best tuner for STi's in the nation!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
MZM is a good shop.. but way too expensive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
You get what you pay for when it comes to tuning, this is a very good rule of thumb. I got it from the Supra community. Blame them if you dont like it :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,026 Posts
Too bad you did not get in on my Clark Turner road tuning session awhile back! Where were you then? I paid for all Clark's travel expenses and was sweating eating the whold expense until the last moment. We will be bringing Clark to town again very soon. Rated top 5 best tuners in the country. He made my STi rock beyond belief!

PM me if you can wait....

CB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
fastcb said:
Too bad you did not get in on my Clark Turner road tuning session awhile back! Where were you then? I paid for all Clark's travel expenses and was sweating eating the whold expense until the last moment. We will be bringing Clark to town again very soon. Rated top 5 best tuners in the country. He made my STi rock beyond belief!

PM me if you can wait....

CB
Next time you do that post that info on other forums like NASIOC.com. I sure you will have a better turn out as not every subbie owner is on every forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
I might also be interested in tuning my 06 in the near future .. and since i am a newbie around here .. will any of the Cobb Stage 1 or the protune kill the factory warranty ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
How come I never hear about Dallas Subaru? They carry Cobb and APS etc..Geez I got a loaner car when I had them put on just a few mods..That should count for something... They will even build a motor for you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
STight said:
How come I never hear about Dallas Subaru? They carry Cobb and APS etc..Geez I got a loaner car when I had them put on just a few mods..That should count for something... They will even build a motor for you...
Subaru of Dallas is a dealership.
They can do basic bolt ons exhausts, springs, downpipe, uppipe, APS bolt ons turbo, Injectors, etc..
They will forward all heavily custom job to Kingpin which is just 2 blocks from SoD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
salaki said:
Subaru of Dallas is a dealership.
They can do basic bolt ons exhausts, springs, downpipe, uppipe, APS bolt ons turbo, Injectors, etc..
They will forward all heavily custom job to Kingpin which is just 2 blocks from SoD
Ok. I just assumed it was done there at the dealership...A while back I know they had a guy who did work on the SCCA car "Conebasher".

Maybe he was actually at Kingpin....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
MZM Tuning......

MZM is tha way to go if your in Dallas. Their not going to tune your car to some B.S. dyno, its going to be done on a Mustang dyno with the best true to street info right at their fingers. All the other tuners are going to tune it to a ****ty dyno to make numbers you like lookin @ but dont count for **** when your on the road w/wind resistance, tire resistance, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Austin is the most central part of TX. And their is a ton of TX STi's roamin around they just keep to their own. Austin alone is getting over packed with subies and STi's. Im going to be hosting a large Subie/sports car meeting/party @ my place when the pool guys are finished jirkin on the job. Prob. best to do it after the New Year but you guys can drop a line or request to me @ [email protected]. Or you can just request a flyer when its all set up. 18 & up ONLY, sorry!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,026 Posts
Clark Turner is coming back to Dallas for a road tuning session October 21 & 22. LMK if you guys are interested. After my last tune, my stock turbo on meth STi absolutely freaking rocked. I am putting a 20G on now and need a retune. PM me if you guys are interested.
Oh, and I have heard from reputable sources that MZM is not as good as some would think.....

CB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
fastcb said:
I have heard from reputable sources that MZM is not as good as some would think.....

CB
WTF is that BS slanderous statement? They ran a 11.5 ET with a SR-55 back in early 2005.

Clark is a great tuner, but damn, get real, he's not the only one out there...

As a matter of fact, I haven't seen any track proven ET's from a car that Clark has tuned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
from what ive heard is mzm has been said to recalibrate the dyno so your numbers look better then thay really are. odd that you say they do the opposite of what people have said they do.

dont judge me as ive never used them im just passing on what ive heard.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top