IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... i just bought some temporary carwash stuff until i can find where a local shop is that sells zaino. anyways .. the stuff i bought is

Turtlewax Zip Wax Carwash and
Turtlewax Carnauba Carwax
Armorall Extremeshine (for the tires)

does anyone have experience in any of these products? good? bad? i'm gonna wash my beast tomorrow... sunday's gonna be a great sunny day :D :lol:

btw.. should i use that Turtlewax Carnauba Carwax on my rims? or is there a different kind of wax for the rims?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I use the car wash when I can't wax after I wash. Not familiar with the wax.

BTW, you won't find Zaino Bros in a local shop. Sal Zaino wont alow it. Just order it directly from Zaino or find a local distributor.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just checked their website.. theres z-1 thru z-18 .. what do you guys use? my area is new so i get lotsa dust... i just want to be able to wipe it off and look shiny new again, and that turtlewax stuff is doing good so far - but i've heard zaino is ultimate =] so i'm in.. i just need a few tips -- which z#'s to buy

*edit
i'm thinkin z-18(claybar) & z7(showcar wash)
but which of the following should i get?

z2(showcar polish for clear coat finish)
z3(showcar polish for regular paint)
z5(showcar polish for swirlmarks & fine scratches)

should i get a
z6(ultra clean gloss enhancer spray)
as well? or is there no need... just an extra?

·
Registered
347 Posts
you want the z2

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok, thx

so when i do my carwash.. i'll just dawn wash my old turtlewax off then claybar then mix the z7 with ZXF... then z2 right?
then every carwash after that i'll just spray with water and wipe the dirt and add more z2 coats ?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Just get the starter kit from Zaino...you pretty much want it all.

Just another good idea guys....for those of you who have to do your washing at a do-it-yourself wand place while it's cold. Get yourself a standard 3 or 5 gallon bucket with the standard 12" opening and then find a Gamma Seal lid for it. Airtight and watertight....fill it with warm water and your wash mitt and hit the car wash.....damn near as good as doing it in your own driveway with warm water.

Here's a link for the Gamma Seal

http://www.nitro-pak.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=+gamma

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Perrin Sway Bar-STi spec

then every carwash after that i'll just spray with water and wipe the dirt
No, you still need to wash it with soap. Soap adds more lubrication or whatever you want to call it to help remove dirt with less scratching than just plain water. I wash my car with the Zaino wash, then use the quick detailer becasue I have to use the diy car washes and then drive home, then wax it.

ashumo, why do you say stay away from that clay bar, which one? I highly recommend using a clay bar prior to any good wax job. Not every time but at least once a year, maybe less. I would also not recommend Zymol over Zaino. Zymol is a rip off, does not protect nearly as good, or last long at all. Plus the couple times I tried Zymol, it was a p.i.t.a. to remove.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i'll just use that z7 showcar wash everytime i wash the car?.. even after i've waxed it from the previous carwash? it wont strip the last wax off right?.. thx =]

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i need a good deal here!!

You want to remove the wax (if its not zaino) from previous waxing. Otherwise you are correct, the Z7 will not strip zaino or wax products off.

Robert~

·
Registered
347 Posts
just stripped my old wax off today, and applied z5/z2. used the clay bar, which i had previous experince with. paint feels like glass, looks way more reflective, and beads water like crazy. took a while to do, but well worth it. zaino products get a big "2 thumbs up"!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts