IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the call around noon while in school and rushed home to tell the parents that the car came in only to find my father has gone onto the road till wensday.NOOOOO!I cant pick up my STi till then.Curse all of you that must ship something to somewhere,curse all of you. Anyway its silver on silver and I know Im going to be dreaming and drooling for the next two days till he comes home. This is my first post ive been lurking around on here since june.Sad but I finally registerd. All of you guys on here are the nicest ive met. I tried asking things to NASIOC and all I got was snotty looks and quiet snickers.Then I posted on buki and same thing.Sorry to ramble but you and I mean everyone that posts is a great help.
See ya round.

·
Registered
106 Posts
How to remove emblem in grill??

I don't know how you'll be able to sleep untill Wednesday. If you can't fall asleep count STIs in your head. :D
Post pictures when you get your car.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
That is about as bad as what I had to go through. I got my car only to leave town 2 days later for a week while my new STi was sitting in my garage at home over a holiday weekend and I was one of the first in the area to get a STi. It was a long week.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Pirelli Snowsports

I was told that mine was due in at the end of last week. On Wednesday, Subaru stopped shipments to my area due to hurricane Isabel stirring things up. She came through on Thursday, so of course nothing was coming to the area. Friday/Saturday came along and the regional manager was not answering calls, so I couldn't find out how bad the delivery schedule has been impacted. Yesterday the salesman had the day off. I've been checking the dealer's inventory every 20mins as well as the inventory of every dealer in the state to see if any STi's are creeping their way to me. So, as of today, I only know that my car is in transit or still sitting in Tennessee. My trade-in car has been sold so I'm driving a Subaru paid-for Mitsubishi Galant rental (no power, no style). I've got my checkbook ready and can complete the deal within 1 hr of being notified. Damn, I'm READY!!!

To top it all off, I'd been hoping to get my car through break in so as to be able to go to the Subaru Customer Appreciation day in SC on 10/11. It's at the Michelin proving grounds and I'd been hoping that my wife and I could do the Autocross run with a pro driver as the co-pilot. So, that's slipping away as well!! Sorry for the ranting but I'm starting to go nuts!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mx_9 I'm going through the same here. My STI was due last week too. Every time I call the dealer either the salesman is not there or "the manager will call you back" crap. I'm still waiting for him to call.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I just received my info... car arrives at the nearest distribution center on 9/25, and I receive the car 1-3 business days after that. Some options will be done at port and they'll do the security upgrade and Castrol SRF upgrade when they receive the car. Most likely looking at a pick-up of one week from now. Possibly sooner.

Just an FYI for those of you looking at the fog lamp option: Looks like they're a month or so back ordered on those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5 STis available at $6,000 over the sticker price.

I just got home and I CAN NOT SIT STILL.I ordered back in January-February and its almost OCTOBER. Tonight is going to be like Christmas Eve...No sleep till morning.oh well. I think Im going to take some nighquill and try to hit my tiny little bed around ten.Its going to be so hard. Well Ill get some pics on here as soon as I can.
Lates

1 - 9 of 9 Posts