IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 5 grand to spend on the stock subi. what do u get??? i want the jic coilovers so ther goes $1700. so what to do what to do??

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
^ what he said as well as another set of tires and brake pads, because the stockers won't last you long. That will put you down about another $900.

On my list:
Steering rack bushings, rear diff bushings, lightened crank pulley, JDM front bumper beam, header.

any other ideas?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silver STi on I-95 South

i know i want that charge speed front end and side skirts.. got any performance classes in mind or will skip barber do ? or are thier any that come to mind that deal with suby's?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Evolution is the one i hear about a lot.... and the audi-focused ones for their AWD aspects.

But i think any reputable school would probably help you inprove.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool
i am waiting for utec.and i will probably take any awd school. anyone interested in going to a class with me???

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
turboxs exhaust with free flow cats.....cusco headers....aks cols air intake....aks/turboxs bov....to name a few just did diy airbox silencer removal.....do that first and go from there i'm feelin some nice power gains from it....and i used the scooby's reccomendation on the three inch pvc piping...kind of a crude cai

·
Registered
282 Posts
The driving school is a good 1st mod.

Why are you getting the JIC coilovers? If it's for adjustable lowering, that's okay. But if you're getting them for better handling, the STi struts are already pretty good. I'd get the pink lowering springs plus the STI trailing arms and 6 piece kit with a new sway bar (you need a new one to get the 6-piece kit's swaybar mounts to fit). This suspension will give you more predictable handling because you'll be getting rid of the rubber bushings. The only increase in NVH will come from the lowering springs which will still be more comfortable than the coilovers. I just don't understand what the point is of yanking out this suspension right away. It's very capable as is and most drivers will never reach the limits of this car already, so why dump a bunch of money on springs and shocks?

For other stuff (power mods) I'm planning on waiting until the Utec comes out. Then it'll be time for turboback, header, intake, pulley.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Apexi Auto Timer
Perrin oil catch can
Perrin Inlet hose
Perrin intercooler hoses
Perrin pulley
K&N drop in filter
Cusco OS Aluminum Front Strut Brace
Cusco OS Aluminum Rear Strut Brace
STi pink springs
STi Sport Lateral Link Set, 4-pc.
STi Sport Trailing Link Set
Silencer Delete Elbow
JDM front bumper beam
Steering rack bushings
rear diff bushings
staticx313 grounding kit :)

Totals about $2700. save the rest for after the UTEC

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Warranty issues

doublej said:
i have 5 grand to spend on the stock subi. what do u get??? i want the jic coilovers so ther goes $1700. so what to do what to do??
I'd go for the Praxis system, but I autocross.

·
Registered
284 Posts
plus the STI trailing arms and 6 piece kit with a new sway bar (you need a new one to get the 6-piece kit's swaybar mounts to fit).
Fhg, could you please explain these for me in a little more detail (and suppliers too)? Im a little confused since we have a car thats "STi" without STi parts (and annoyed too). i got the springs already and figure why not go all the way.
im grateful for your input.

·
Registered
99 Posts
evo owners so imature

olappa said:
plus the STI trailing arms and 6 piece kit with a new sway bar (you need a new one to get the 6-piece kit's swaybar mounts to fit).
Fhg, could you please explain these for me in a little more detail (and suppliers too)? Im a little confused since we have a car thats "STi" without STi parts (and annoyed too). i got the springs already and figure why not go all the way.
im grateful for your input.
http://www.rallispec.com/product-susp2.htm
The 6 piece kit doesn't fit the STi because of the rear sway bar. So you would need to change the sway bar or just get the 4 piece kit.

·
Registered
241 Posts
5 grand? I say do what I'm gonna do, get the APS DR500, the APS SR50 or DR55 and get the UTEC (along with exhaust). Then get tuned, and you'll run mid to high 11's :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
those trailing arm kits are looking very cool indeed :) has anyone purchased them yet? and are the stockers "bad" as in needing to be replaced?

·
Registered
99 Posts
yxan2 said:
those trailing arm kits are looking very cool indeed :) has anyone purchased them yet? and are the stockers "bad" as in needing to be replaced?
I think there are alot of people on the other forums with the kits on there WRXs but I don't remember if any one has tryed them on an STi.

The only difference between the stock arms and the STi arms are the bushings. It upgrades the bushings to pillow ball type joints which are stiffer and absorbs less of the bumps in the road I'm guessing.
And hey they are PINK! :p

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey Olappa,

Nexius covered it. There was at least 1 guy who's swapped them. He's on Nasioc and goes by STI>LT1 (I believe... or something like that). He swapped the 6 piece kit along with the pink springs.

Oh, and it would be nice to get all the STi parts when buying an STi. Oh well

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Apexi Auto Timer
Perrin oil catch can
Perrin Inlet hose
Perrin intercooler hoses
Perrin pulley
K&N drop in filter
Cusco OS Aluminum Front Strut Brace
Cusco OS Aluminum Rear Strut Brace
STi pink springs
STi Sport Lateral Link Set, 4-pc.
STi Sport Trailing Link Set
Silencer Delete Elbow
JDM front bumper beam
Steering rack bushings
rear diff bushings
staticx313 grounding kit
pulley came on car so.. check
perrin catch can bought but.. its a cheap looking piece of s*$# so i am getting greedy catch can.. so.. check
inlet hose...check but gonna upgrade when bigger turbo and go to custom fmic. so ...check
drop in filter..no but got perrin shrot ram intake going to see if it hurts performance like I hear so ...check
front and rear cusco strut brace ...check
STI PINK springs....check
STi Sport Lateral Link Set, 4-pc. ......coming in march
STi Sport Trailing Link Set .....coming in march
JDM front bumper beam ..car came with and a rear bumper beam
Steering rack bushings .......prolly soon...so ill check that also
rear diff bushings ....car came with whiteine diff bushings
staticx313 grounding kit ...no but I gots me a grounding kit from Linage
so over all i got what u guys said to buy.

But I got more I have a Turbo back from B and B,Perrin radiator hose,Perrin manual boost controler(but I want to trade in fro a greddy),harness bars,cusco sway bars,and hopefully yukonart comes thru with our deal so I can Have a set of prodrives...come on art lets get this ball moving man I need these rims! also I am looking for harnesses, and i believe thats it till utec and bigger turbo comes out then I get to go shopping again... then I can get a set of rims for it and my custom fmic buhwhahahah

1 - 20 of 23 Posts