IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it hard to keep the car under 4K RPMS... I have the buzzer set at 4.5K but I keep going over it :) Well, actually for normal acceleration I find that I need to just to get a decent acceleration, I don’t want to drive around like a wimp! Oh well, screw the break in, I’ve never believed in them before and I’ve never had problems :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Royal purple oil?

well, it's your car. do whatever you want to.

me? when i was breaking it in, instead of the grocery store a mile away, i found i wanted to go to the one 5 miles away... ;)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Break-in happens only once in the life of the vehicle, and I think it is important to observe it.

I set the light and the buzzer to 3800 for the first 500 miles; now increased it to 4000 for the next 300, and then I will set it to 4500 until 1000 mi. After that I will set it to 5500 for another 500 mi.; then to 6000 for another 500.

May be I am overdoing it, but I do think it is important; especially with all the track days ahead :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Once in a while I'm sure it's alright... but really if you can't wait to 1000mi why won't you just drive the car more to get there faster? ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts