IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a $1000 dollars exact so can't spend anymore not even a cent more. What should I buy for my STOCK 05 STi. I'm looking more in the hpower increase stuff right now, nothing brake, suspension, etc area. Throw me some proven packages together, I don't mind buying used stuff or doing DIY stuff. I'm a very good mechanic and do all my own work except for tuning. Just realized this is my first post here.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Cobb Accessport: $645
Perrin Catless Downpipe from JSCSpeed: $299

With a downpipe and AP, you can go Stage II.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Oops, yeah, what do you have? You basically can go Stage II for $1k. You can also get a used AP and DP. I just listed new prices.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
wrx23x said:
What do you currently have?
He said he was stock.

Get the Cobb AP, TBE, flash to stage 2, and sleep with a smile on your face. I think that will run you over $1000 unless you get a TBE for ~$400, but that probably won't happen unless you go eBay. I would vote for the accessport and flash stage 1, then save up for a TBE and flash stage 2. That or just get the AP and a downpipe and you'll have your stage 2 right there for under $1000 bucks!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If you live where it's hot and/or spend time in traffic, your realworld hp will be higher with the silencer (or hack it into just an elbow, or get/make an elbow) back in place. The data shows a significantly lower average intake air temp with the whole stock system in place.

Divorced DP's are more likely to cause the boost creep.

Bellmouth FTW ;)

SS

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Just make sure you have enough money left over for gas or you won't be going anywhere.

·
Registered
900 Posts
this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WRX-...9QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
and an AP used from for sale classifieds for 550 and you will be right around 1000. Full turbo back, sell the up pipe really cheap, and an AP you can go stage 2, have more power, and sound better.
OH by the way does anyone think this exhaust has a cat in the downpipe? It sure does look that way but I can't imagine for this price you get a catted full TBE.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
DoctorSTi said:
this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WRX-...9QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
and an AP used from for sale classifieds for 550 and you will be right around 1000. Full turbo back, sell the up pipe really cheap, and an AP you can go stage 2, have more power, and sound better.
OH by the way does anyone think this exhaust has a cat in the downpipe? It sure does look that way but I can't imagine for this price you get a catted full TBE.

no cat on those pipes, thats a resonator.

sus321 stainless steel and built with ISO 9001 standards means that these are an AMAZING deal.

·
Registered
123 Posts
when doing stage two.......is a reflash consider a tune? What is a protune.....sorry to high jack but i've search, i just figureed it a simple question. I am aslo in 05stidriver position.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
05STiPiMPiN said:
when doing stage two.......is a reflash consider a tune? What is a protune.....sorry to high jack but i've search, i just figureed it a simple question. I am aslo in 05stidriver position.
A reflash is a tune. The difference is off the shelf versus custom. A protune is another name for custom. It means someone who has some knowledge (hopefully) strapped your car onto a dyno and then adjusted the parameters of the tune to take full advantage of your exact setup. By necessity, off the shelf tunes are a little more conservative so they will work [mostly] safely for all kinds of different setups.

·
Registered
123 Posts
graet info...thanks rootus. With the protune how much more will it cost because i asume it will give me more tq/hp.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
05STiPiMPiN said:
graet info...thanks rootus. With the protune how much more will it cost because i asume it will give me more tq/hp.
It depends on the tuner. I believe I was quoted about $300 for a custom tune from PDXTuning -- that is taking into consideration that I already have the EcuTek license, and my setup is a very straightforward stage 2 combo, which means they can predict pretty well how long it's going to take to put something custom together.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
get an AP with Cobb DP. it tapers and it wont have turbulence if you keep the stock catback.if money is an issue though. go with Helix dp. its only 200 cuts.. not bad

1 - 20 of 23 Posts