IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spring rates

I was looking on Subaru's website and seeing how many STis the local dealers have in inventory..

And according to the website, Chaplains has TWELVE STis in their inventory. 8 blue, 1 silver, and 3 black.

Walkers supposedly has 8 of them.. 2 blue, 2 black, 3 silver, and 1 white.

And Carters has 10... 3 black, 3 blue, 2 silver, and 2 white.

Are there really THAT MANY STis in inventory locally?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was wondering that myself. Look at the front page of Carter's website. They say they have "special factory pricing" Who knows what this means. I was at Auburn Subaru on monday night and they had none. I asked about the special pricing and they knew nothing about it. They also said that if the other places have it, they would too. Why doesn't Auburn also have 10 STi's in stock? I wonder if they are only giving these allotments to high volume dealers. They may be trying to move the cars because at that price point they may need to start early on the end of year clearance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pralix said:
I was wondering that myself. Look at the front page of Carter's website. They say they have "special factory pricing" Who knows what this means. I was at Auburn Subaru on monday night and they had none.
From what they told me they had about 5 before Christmas. I bought the last STi Auburn had on the lot on December 26th. They gave me a great price, I'm really happy with it.

I asked about the special pricing and they knew nothing about it. They also said that if the other places have it, they would too. Why doesn't Auburn also have 10 STi's in stock? I wonder if they are only giving these allotments to high volume dealers. They may be trying to move the cars because at that price point they may need to start early on the end of year clearance.
From what some of the dealers and posts were saying earlier, they based the allocation of STis on WRX sales. I dunno if there's any truth to that statement, but Auburn doesn't really have a ton of WRXs on their lot, where Carters typically has a buttload of them... so it would make sense.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Yup. . . I was just at Carter the other day getting my oil changed. . .

I personally saw at least 8 of the STis on the lot. I think I just missed the other two in walking around for an hour. :p

They looked pretty badass all lined-up on their lot, too. :eek:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thats cool!

As far as I know the dealer here in bend still only has One STi..and last I checked they still wanted nothing less than 35k for it.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Well, when I went over there to ask about a test drive they wouldn't even let the car out of the showroom. I guess they'll have to wait for a buyer who's already driven an STi and wants to pay extra.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Back when I got mine they wouldn't even let me open the doors or sit in it.

Finally the 2nd time I came in they let me sit in it...but they wouldn't budge from 38,000.. so I went to seattle and got mine for 32.

got back with mine and they offered the one they have to my friend for 32.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Lol, I must look old and responsible or something. They let me and my wife sit in it on our first visit.

I told the guy I needed to drive it, because I was trying to decide between the STi, S2000, 350Z and Evo. He said it couldn't even leave the showroom floor. I told him, it's just a $30K car, for Pete's sake... you'd think I wanted the keys to the damn dealership!

I realized that I was going to have to go to PDX for drives, so I set up appointments with Sube, Mitsubishi and Honda up there. The clowns at Beaverton Mitsubishi wanted to play that foursquare game, so we walked out. I drove the S2000 and the STi, and was very impressed with both - particularly for the price. The STi won out after a second test drive.

The S2000 is really more of a seasonal car (unless you live in SoCal or FL). I really like the idea of having one car that can cover 99% of what I want to do.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: Looks

Haha yea I guess they musta though I was some punk kid. They must have been kicking themselves after I showed up a week later to buy floormats in a new STi.

S2000's are cool, 2 guys here at work have them A black one and a Silver one.. but with the weather outside I have to go pick them up and drive them to work. hahaha. I can't even drive a S2000 my legs are to long..I can hardly fit in the pass. seat...my shins are pressed into the dash.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
You just need a little grey in your hair probably... and of course you can't tell them you're programming games.

I agree about the S being cool. I'm 5-9/145, so I fit in there like fingers in a glove, but that doesn't help in the snow. I was surprised that the black one showed up to work when we started getting snow. That's a nice car; although I would probably have gone the silver/black route with the S too.

The ragtop isn't that big a deal to me, but it sure would be nice to drop a few pounds off the STi....

·
Registered
84 Posts
sciolist said:
The clowns at Beaverton Mitsubishi wanted to play that foursquare game, so we walked out.
Man... I remeber the four square game! I haven't had to play that since the 80s. What a numbers racket. :D

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I certainly wasn't too entertained. What's that thing about money not coming with instructions? That must apply here somehow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts