IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea what kind of sensor is associated with the 'low i/c sprayer water level' light? It appears to go off when the pickup on the tank is uncovered because the light turns on under accleration, braking, or when I drive up a steep hill.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I don think they use floats anymore, but what is the point? Add Water and the light won't come on

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
kinda off topic but what happens when ur refilling the tank and u overfill it accidently? is there anything down there that can get damaged or anywhere that can cause algae to grow?

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
The reason you get the sensor to go off under braking and hard acceleration is that the water in the tank sloshes around and can trip the sensor. Just fill it up and this will stop.

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
i overfilled mine the other day, and it poured out on the ground below.

not sure if anything would get hurt, but i doubt it. couldn't be worse than driving through a puddle.

·
Registered
375 Posts
STIskeet said:
kinda off topic but what happens when ur refilling the tank and u overfill it accidently? is there anything down there that can get damaged or anywhere that can cause algae to grow?
Algae need sun. Close you're trunk.

Use common sense, you don't need an answer for all the hypotheticals.

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
mold likes it dark and warm. our cars fit that billing.

if you are worried, throw a bit of alcohol (no- not jim or jack) into the mix and it will keep things from growing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm curious as to what kind of sensor it is because I may be interested in using it in a dry sump reservoir (no, not for an sti). I tried monitoring the hydrostatic pressure above the pickup, but the tank is under pressure, so it didn't read correctly.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
I took the trunk liner out once and found out there is a tray molded into the outside bottom of the tank to catch the overflow and keep it from going into the trunk area. The tray part has a drain on the bottom with a tube through the bottom of the trunk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts