IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WoW..

I am very happy... I just returned from the track where I ran my best time & MPH to date.

Here is the scoop:

·
Registered
690 Posts
whats you hp! nice time! sweet 60 foot

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LogicalXtremes said:
whats you hp! nice time! sweet 60 foot
Never had it on a real dyno but based on the results, I guess 315 @ 370 ft lbs tq

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Wow impressive trap and time. Was that on the other map? Did u try my map? You crushed my best time on just pump/racegas, but I still got a 12.2 on u, haha.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crystal_Imprezav said:
Wow impressive trap and time. Was that on the other map? Did u try my map? You crushed my best time on just pump/racegas, but I still got a 12.2 on u, haha.
CI.. yea, it was on the "other map" but I tried my version too. I got 12.62 @ 109.51 on my map. According to the logs, the only diffie is my AFR was a bit off. The WX was threating to rain all night.. as a matter of fact, after I ran the 12.47, it was sprinkling at the end of the track. The sprinkles worked their way to the starting line for the passes I made with my map... I could only muster a 1.89 60' time so I think that contributed to the "slow down" too.

Due to the WX, I could not try you maps.. I plan to hit the track a few more times this year so I will give them a try next visit...

Take care

jb

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
TurboQueef said:
WoW..

I am very happy... I just returned from the track where I ran my best time & MPH to date.

Here is the scoop:
You're still on the stock turbo correct? If so, wow, i'd be nice if we could make that kind of power at altitude.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
STirish said:
You're still on the stock turbo correct? If so, wow, i'd be nice if we could make that kind of power at altitude.
Yup... stock turbo still.. I am pushing it a lot though...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WolfPlayer said:
Just wanted to add a reply saying good job. 110mph is nothing to sneeze at :)

t
Thanks Tim.. I am very happy to say the least... still not at my target though... I think it is time for the larger exhaust manifolds and improved TMIC... will wait till next year for any more hardware (wife :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update... credit to: TDC Tuning, EQ Tuning & Shawn (Overdose)

TurboQueef said:
WoW..

Here is the scoop:

Hey.. I want to give credit to those who helped me achieve my best time to date... specifically this run, here is the deal:

I was struggling like hel! to get my 100 map to produce the power I needed so during a night of drinking with Shawn we hooked up with John at TDC Tuning (via internet) http://www.tdctuning.com/index.php?page=shop

We e-mailed John the map I was using, he was not so impressed and offered to "fix it". I gladly took him up on the offer. John provided an improved map and we hit the highway to get a datalog. We passed datalogs and maps to each other via the internet. It took around 1.5 hours for John to tweak the map to his liking... I could not believe the diffrence. The pass shown above is the result of John's tuning based on datalogs we sent him. There was no dyno or direct contact with John during the process... in my mind this is truly unblieveable... and I appriciate his effort and expierence very much...

In addition to John at TDC, I would like to give credit to Ed Uksusman at EQ Tuning: http://www.eqtuning.com/

Ed tunes my friend Shawn's car ... again all through the internet without the use of a dyno. Ed and Shawn have been instrumental in helping me create a fairly decent 93 octane map.

The bottom line is my achievements to date are a collaborative effort between: myself, Shawn, Ed and John... Thanks for the help....

·
Registered
323 Posts
group effort for world VF39 supremecy :p

·
Registered
372 Posts
that's really impressive for a stock turbo. congrats.

·
Registered
762 Posts
TurboQueef said:
Hey.. I want to give credit to those who helped me achieve my best time to date... specifically this run, here is the deal:

I was struggling like hel! to get my 100 map to produce the power I needed so during a night of drinking with Shawn we hooked up with John at TDC Tuning (via internet) http://www.tdctuning.com/index.php?page=shop

We e-mailed John the map I was using, he was not so impressed and offered to "fix it". I gladly took him up on the offer. John provided an improved map and we hit the highway to get a datalog. We passed datalogs and maps to each other via the internet. It took around 1.5 hours for John to tweak the map to his liking... I could not believe the diffrence. The pass shown above is the result of John's tuning based on datalogs we sent him. There was no dyno or direct contact with John during the process... in my mind this is truly unblieveable... and I appriciate his effort and expierence very much...

In addition to John at TDC, I would like to give credit to Ed Uksusman at EQ Tuning: http://www.eqtuning.com/

Ed tunes my friend Shawn's car ... again all through the internet without the use of a dyno. Ed and Shawn have been instrumental in helping me create a fairly decent 93 octane map.

The bottom line is my achievements to date are a collaborative effort between: myself, Shawn, Ed and John... Thanks for the help....
Congrats. How many PSI's does thet tune push?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pkskull77 said:
Congrats. How many PSI's does thet tune push?
I can't provide the details (copy of map or logs) but ... my understanding is due to limitations of some of the sensors in the engine, the datalog program will only display a max of 22.635psi.

Considering the limitation, the tune provides a max boost over 22.635 :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts