IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will get the obvious out of the way real quick. Yes I am a nEWb on this site. Yes I have searched before posting. No I did NOT post an introduction (I own an Evo. No one wants to know about them here:lol:). Yes I looked at the related topics while posting.

NOW, I am tuning a GC8 with a WRX engine, and a Hydra EMS. I am not a paid tuner. I am doing this for a friend. I am stuck on ONE part of this ECU, that I can't seem to defeat. The launch control feature. I have pretty much tried everything to get this to work, and I always end up short. If someone could please either PM me and let me view their maps with launch control, or guide me through the process of enabling this feature?

Thank you!

·
Registered
582 Posts
You are going to have to set the launch request in the I/O tab of the settings menu.

The Hydra has 6 Aux inputs. These inputs can be mapped to control various things by setting the drop down menu.

Wire up your aux inputs to some switches

Set launch request to Aux input, and AC high request to another Aux input.

I would check to make sure that your input to the hydra is working by going to view/panel and seeing if they light up when you push the switches.

If its working, you can go back to your I/O menu and change settings for the switch in the drop down menu to "Launch High Request".

Then Hydra will run your launch control setting when the switch is pushed in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Awesome. I will try that and post the results. I had already set the aux port, and set the high launch setting. Just have to flash the car now. Thank you for your reply. I will definately post my findings.:tup:

You are going to have to set the launch request in the I/O tab of the settings menu.

The Hydra has 6 Aux inputs. These inputs can be mapped to control various things by setting the drop down menu.

Wire up your aux inputs to some switches

Set launch request to Aux input, and AC high request to another Aux input.

I would check to make sure that your input to the hydra is working by going to view/panel and seeing if they light up when you push the switches.

If its working, you can go back to your I/O menu and change settings for the switch in the drop down menu to "Launch High Request".

Then Hydra will run your launch control setting when the switch is pushed in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Alright, well for those interested, the FIRST issue is that the EMS does not have the wiring harness for the launch control. I have been talking with Phil from Element tuning (OUTSTANDING GUY!). THIS is what was causing the launch control feature to not enable. I was unaware I wasn't properly equipped. I tried to tune the values for the launch control itself, and I tell you the Hydra program just didn't like that at all. SO with that being said, IF you are ever tuning a Hydra, ensure you have the proper harnesses. If I am not mistaking this is also considered the flat foot shift harness. I am awaiting a response from Phil so I can order the proper harness. In the mean time thank you to those who helped either via PM or Touge Monster for adding input to the thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to bring up such an old post, but wondering if you would be able to help. I recently bought a 2002 Legacy that the previous owner had someone install a Hydra EMS into. It really needs tuning... Unfortunately, the tuners that I have tried so far don't know this EMS and don't know where to get even get the software for it. Would you be able to help me find:

1. Where to get the software from
2. Where to get manual and harness details,
3. connector details to plug into a computer
4. Anything else? :)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Contact Phil @ Element Tuning. He will help you out.

Hey guys, sorry to bring up such an old post, but wondering if you would be able to help. I recently bought a 2002 Legacy that the previous owner had someone install a Hydra EMS into. It really needs tuning... Unfortunately, the tuners that I have tried so far don't know this EMS and don't know where to get even get the software for it. Would you be able to help me find:

1. Where to get the software from
2. Where to get manual and harness details,
3. connector details to plug into a computer
4. Anything else? :)

Thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts