IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got some low life steal my HU and SUB, so now I need to buy a new HU, I had a SONY CDX5 something with no Detach function, Any recomendations for a good Detachable HU, must use be XM Compatible

dang i'm pissed, seeing my car with shattered glass over my seat :(

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
at least they didnt take the whole car... ive always liked pioneer headunits, im not sure of model #'s but they got a couple of detach XM compatible ones.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Pioneer DEH-P7500MP (or the Premier 750MP) would be an excellent choice. Price should be under $300 pretty much everywhere, and it'll do everything you want it to, including play MP3s. ;)

Sorry to hear about the breakin, though. . . . might be time for a good alarm system, while you're at it. :(

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D Gauges are here!

what would a good alarm system do to me? my alarm vent off but no one in neighbourhood woke up to stop fellans, and by the time alarm goes off the class is already shattered (the damage is already done) Sorry im trying to be a smart ass but right now i am angry at people who cant tell a difference between what is theirs and not. :(

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Totally understand what you're saying. . . . I guess just go with one of the newer detatchable-face head units, and make sure you don't leave any belongings out where people can see them. :(

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Yukonart said:
Pioneer DEH-P7500MP (or the Premier 750MP) would be an excellent choice. Price should be under $300 pretty much everywhere, and it'll do everything you want it to, including play MP3s. ;)
Pioneer DEH-P750MP Premier is the one I have, and I got it for $233 on etronics.com (local stereo shops wanted almost another $100! :eek: ).

It plays MP3's and WMA's (nice for me as I rip everything to WMA).

I'm happy with mine and would recommend it highly, especially for the price. Only thing I would replace it with right now would have a flip-up LCD and DVD playing capability.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Let's just say it fast-approaches Pioneer's upper-end.

They make a competition deck, but it's over $1,000. :p

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sound quality? That all depends on which unit. Both brands have great head-units but Pioneer seems to have their sh** together latley.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts