IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got pulled over this morning on the freeway. I was just going along in traffic, 5 mph. The CPH was about to exit to another freeway when I passed him. He then came all the way over to my lane, far left, and followed me. Then his lights came on!

I pulled over and he asked me if I had a modified exhaust! No, officer sir, I just got the car 1 month ago. This is the stock exhaust it came with. Then he asked me if I had gotten the car from a car dealer! Yes officer sir, I got this from Carlsen Subaru, the window sticker shows it. Then he asked me if I have anything modified under my hood and told to pop the hood! No officer sir, it's a new car, I'm not about to modify a 1 month old car. So, I popped my hood and he poked around and took my license #.

I thought CHP had budget cuts and that they should be patroling for drunks, bad drivers, accidents, etc...NOT good drivers with a freakin STOCK CAR! :x

Will

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
He probably just wanted to check out your car.

·
Registered
542 Posts
When I use to have my modified Accord. I had two HUGE APEXi exhaust on my ride. I never got in trouble for them but some California Highway Patrol "punks" would cruise right next to me just to inspect me for my mods. Its pretty much their call but yeah, that sucks that you got pulled over.
Recently, I got a new APEXi exhaust system put into my car. Its not too loud but still, I better be more careful from now on. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Cali HPs suck! They are always there when you don't need them and never around when you do.

Vader2K, just be careful when you're around them. I can always feel the CHPs eyeing my car when I drive by them or vice versa.

Will

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why every car magazine prefers EVO to STI?

...then returned him speechless.

Or do like I do, have coffee with them at Starbucks in the morning.
After a little relationship building, when they see you, all you'll get is a smile and a wave. :D

It's all about playin' the game...

·
Registered
304 Posts
what car should i get....

Shouldnt have popped your hood. He has no right to inconvenience you like that if you have not done anything. Next time, ask for a warrant. :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
CPH? Cali Patrol/Police Ho? highway?
Interesting story, ye, the hood and the wing will get you looks and pull overs from cops..

M

·
0 Posts
i've been pulled over once, and it was only so he could check out my car. he wanted to know if it was as fast as a camaro, :)

I told him yes, wanna see? But he said no, hehe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's cool of him to just want to look at your car. If the CHP pulled me over and asked to look at my car, I'd be happy to do so! But I guess he thought I was a poser because I have a WRX wing with a STi badge! :lol:

I don't think I want to get into a long stop if I had declind on the inspection on my engine. I don't have anything to hide and it might get ugly if I resisted even though it's my right. I think by letting him catch me with nothing wrong with my car, since it's stock, and looking at his face :oops: I'm happy enough! Idiot :p

Will

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
LMAO...
u dared a cop...

mistkerl said:
i've been pulled over once, and it was only so he could check out my car. he wanted to know if it was as fast as a camaro, :)

I told him yes, wanna see? But he said no, hehe.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I was also "pulled over" by a cop in an S4 who just wanted to check my car out also, because he was interested in getting one. Scared the crap out of me when he pulled along side and put his window down and said to pull over because I just exited off the expressway after doing some "spirited" driving to blow the rest of the water off my car after doing a quick wash at a diy car wash. I was not sure how long he was behind me. He ended up being a cool car guy.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Just one more reason to vote for the Terminator in the comming election! Get those fricking liberals out of office and get those stupid laws changed! Just glad I don't live in la-la land. :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
he probably couldn't believe that the STI you drive was stock. Believe me, they do not look stock. I saw my first STI the other driving on the road and it stands out really easy. I gues if the cop was having a crappy day he felt like releasing some tension on what he thought was an easy target. He was wrong obviously. Even if it did have an after market exhaust, the stock system isn't that loud to warrent a pull over.. he was just trying to bust your ballz IMO. :evil:

·
Registered
983 Posts
I agree, though I think the exhaust looks stock to me (not loud and huge like apexi and tanabe's), the hood scoop, the wing, the rims always surprise the hack out of the ppl that the car is actually STOCK! i had at least 7 ppl at the stop light asking me about the car and when i told them what they were looking at was a stock car, they were like :eek: . So it's very normal that the cop didn't believe you because he didn't know anything about this car. there are always bad cops out there but most of them i encountered are actually nice ones.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hummer said:
AArrrgh. What a huge waste of taxpayers money. I could drive a nitro funny car on the highway in Kansas and not have an emissions problem.
You don't even need to get emissions checked in some areas of PA.

-st

·
Registered
411 Posts
teamipr said:
I pulled over and he asked me if I had a modified exhaust!
I got pulled over too for the same reason in CT. Lucky for me that there was a Subaru dealership half a mile up the road with an STi right out front. After the officer saw that, he let me go with a verbal warning for not wearing my seat belt.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What would you do when challenged by an EVO?

The guy was probably just curious about what your car was. Cops are not allowed to pull you over just to talk about cars, that's illegal, they actually have to have a reason to pull you over just like an officer has to have a reason to walk into your house. So he probably just used the pretext that your car "might" have been illegally modded to check it out.

On their off time cops are just like everybody else (yeah power can really change people) they like fast cars too. They don't live in basements, I'm pretty sure they know about STis. I bet the guy surfs the web during his spare time jerkin off to pictures of STi's....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts