IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
ouch $31 for 48" thats about 10 times more expensive that the stuff I got at the hardware store. If Home Depot doesn't carry it check other places or ask HD to order you some. I can't imagine spending that kind of money on gutter guard but if that is what you want to do, I hope it works out well for you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Check the Building Materials section at Home Depot and ask for the metal lath used on building exterior for stucco.
I have used it as a screen for my intercooler.

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice. i have not ordered yet from Eastwood. i'll have a second look into HD before i resort to the expensive stuff.

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engine Management

Singletrack said:
I wouldn't install a screen in front of the intercooler, it actually is a major restriction to airflow.

-st
i'd like to not have to...but i find all kinds of crap getting into the IC veins after a commute.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
TRM said:
Singletrack said:
I wouldn't install a screen in front of the intercooler, it actually is a major restriction to airflow.

-st
i'd like to not have to...but i find all kinds of crap getting into the IC veins after a commute.
Same here, I've just been picking them out and bending the fins back : ) I think someone did the calculation, or posted the formula to show what a restriction it actually is.

-st

·
Registered
219 Posts
Anyone have pics of silver Rota Tarmac on STi?

bitabur said:
It was something like 30 percent if I remember correctly.....
I think I found a way around at least some of this air flow loss.

I mounted my mesh directly on the intercooler. Bent to fit down flush against the fins.

1) I don't restrict the opening at all, allowing more air to enter.
2) I can use more mesh, which has more opening and will allow more air to flow across the intercooler.
3) My mesh actually lays on the intercooler and becomes part of the heat sink, soaking up heat.
4) My rubber seal still works.

All can argue, but I believe this is a superior setup.

I don't think it will protect quite as well, but it will still protect well and allow more air flow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts