IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how to tell if my DCCD is working properly, I dont have the option to auto X or to track the car at this time. What can I do to notice/realize/feel the DCCD working on a safe way. The only difference that I notice and that make me think it is working or at least changing from settings is that when in OPEN I dont feel the binding when entering my driveway, other than that no differences.

Can I drive the car in freeway with the DCCD OPEN?

·
resigned
5,610 Posts
Yes you can drive the car on the freeway with the dccd open, buy you dont need to since it is smart. IIRC it is open in auto until one of the inputs tells it to change the amount of lockup. To tell if its working put it in lock and try to make a sharp turn.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Think of the auto setting as a one way limited slip differential... it has the same exact effect, but depends on electronic sensor inputs. It only functions in a significant fashion while accelerating, the center differential can effectively thought of as fully open under normal driving and braking.

For more information I would suggest brushing up on your knowledge of how differentials function. From there you'll begin to understand what to look for while driving your car.

....and yes, you can manually set the DCCD to open for every day driving. Although I do not suggest you manually set it to lock if will be driving on dry pavement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts