IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pink i in grill

Does anyone know how I can remove the emblem in the grill with the subaru stars because I have a replacement and don't want to scar the plastic in the grill. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

·
Registered
51 Posts
heat up with a hair dryer and try and either wedge it out with a flat head screw driver and rag or use dental floss to cut through the glue behind the emblem.

LimeySTI

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Help plz on headlight (HID) bulb removal....

Need pics after you finish it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Best Car of 2004

It might be easier to work with if you remove the grill from the car as well. It comes off with 4 simple plastic push-ins. With the hood open, look behind the grill. You'll see the 4 attachment points. Push a small screwdriver into the slot on the top of each attachment while pulling out on the grill slightly. Should come out in 5 seconds. Be careful not to scratch the top surface of the bumper as you slide the grill out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I went with the blue "i" and like it much better than the original emblem. I would post the pic but I'm having problems, it keeps telling me the file too big, but it's only 140 kb. Any help here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thorn said:
I went with the blue "i" and like it much better than the original emblem. I would post the pic but I'm having problems, it keeps telling me the file too big, but it's only 140 kb. Any help here would be appreciated.
Here's the pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Where are ya'll getting these nice front end emblems. I especially like that blue Subaru one. Looks sharp on the silver color. I've also seen numerous pics of people with red(or pink) background WRX emblems for the back end of the car. I have NO IDEA where to get these items from. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
411 Posts
whiplash306 said:
Where are ya'll getting these nice front end emblems. I especially like that blue Subaru one. Looks sharp on the silver color. I've also seen numerous pics of people with red(or pink) background WRX emblems for the back end of the car. I have NO IDEA where to get these items from. Any help would be great.
I purchased mine on Ebay. Enter WRX STI in the search criteria and you'll find them. There were many the last time I checked recently, don't jump on the first one, there might be a cheaper one further down the list.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
awsome thorn I want the blue I as well... so just heat it up with a hair dryer/heat gun and pull off? sounds simple enough. Does the thing come with adhesive or glue or what.

Robert~

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Ebay has 'em...the other one I'd consider is the Carbon-Fiber one. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
looks nice , did it come off easy ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts