IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to post a question about wheel + tire size fitment. I haven't heard back from anyone. I don't think(?) today I rec'd a note in my inbox. However, when I [tried to] open and read only my orig. question post was available. (I did log in.)

I think my question would help others and is valid. (Daa of course I do, doesn't everyone that posts, lol. I'm really not full of myself) But it is regarding fitting a more street-able and forgiving [on wheels as well as occupants] 40 sidewall aspect tire vs 35 (i.e., 265/40/18) vs 265/35, or 30, or stretching a 245/40/18 onto a 9.5" wide rim for street. I spent a good amount of time reading through the threads, but most everybody was referencing 265-or 275/35/18's with big changes on suspension geometry and wheel wells to accommodate significant lowering. There was only one I found, but his was with track Hoosiers. I believe the same advertized race tire has larger dimensions than the same advertised street tire(?)

I'm using the
bilstein GTWorks struts with "yellow" springs, so fairly stiff/tight as is and am only dropped 10 mm fnt and rr.

Thank you for your posting help, and for your efforts with us goofball Subaru drivers out there!

Dave-- starkey57

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
I just checked and you've created 3 separate threads that I think ask the same question. Each thread has been viewed almost 300 times each. Our apologies if you aren't getting a response but the forum is working as it should and maybe you aren't getting a response because no one has any experience with the exact question you are asking. Also, the forum you are posting in (which is the correct forum and you shouldn't post somewhere else) has less traffic due to that being the oldest model STI.

The only other suggestion I can give you is to google search your question or search other WRX/STI related sites.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts