IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone tell me how to get fog light bulbs out the easiest way?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bummmp. How do i get these suckers out???

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not as easy as you would think, can someone please chime in..!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
usdm, im just trying to change the bulbs not install fogs. its an 06 also.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump for response

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
For the 04/05 USDM ones, you just pop off the cover, take out the two screws and pop out the light. I don't know how similar it is for the 06's

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
actually the fog light surround on the 06 is harder to take off than the 05s ... easiest way turn the wheel to the opposite side you r working on remove the fender well liner tabs it should drop down allowing you to have access to the bulbs from the back of the fog lamps its not worth taking out the entire fog light to change the bulb ...there is about 2-3 tabs on the inside of the fender and 1 or 2 to the front underside of the car

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
808SUBsystem said:
i just did mine for some piaa plasma yellows, ok nevermind your not even in here.
Huh?

Stik11 said:
actually the fog light surround on the 06 is harder to take off than the 05s ... easiest way turn the wheel to the opposite side you r working on remove the fender well liner tabs it should drop down allowing you to have access to the bulbs from the back of the fog lamps its not worth taking out the entire fog light to change the bulb ...there is about 2-3 tabs on the inside of the fender and 1 or 2 to the front underside of the car
Hmm, i did all that before i even made this post when i was just experimenting. It seemed kinda hard with the two screws but i guess that's the easiest way. i need try to get them out w/ my angled screwdriver that i have from my mudflap install.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There's no easy way to remove the foglight bulb. I couldn't get access to it and got really frustrated. I ended up removing the entire bumper - it was much easier that way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Foglight surround is easy to remove, simply use a flat screwdriver and pry from the underside. Takes 2 seconds.

However, removing the panel doesn't allow you to remove the assembly. It is mounted by two bolts on the inside of the bumper cover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts