IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think ive read just about every post on red lighting and hvac mods.
maybe i am over looking some threads but i was wondering if someone knows how to get to the bulb condoms or bulbs on the stock head unit?

any pic of how?

thanks in advance

chris

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
You can search scoobymods.com .. There is a thread in there under "Interior mods" for MY04 Impreza WRX...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is scoobymods.com site down? anyone else having prob? my comps been acting up and dont know if its me or its down.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally been able to search scoobymods.com and i cant find the thread your refering to. i did a search as you reccomended but nothing comes up. i also pretty much scanned all the forums too.

if you have a link to this or know exactly where it is i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that link dont work i get a HTTP 404 - File not found

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Just pull the knobs off the OEM radio then remove the screws. The face snaps off pretty easily. Once you get the circuit board off then there are 4 twist tabs. Twist them straight so you can fold down the metal cover for the LCD screen. Keep in mind that one corner is soldered so be gentle. Just fold it down and you will see the two lights there. There are 7 lights total. Get the red bulb condoms in the .12 size. They fit perfectly.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DMikko said:
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=13684d06f779cb248fdb1959903971d8&threadid=505

ScoobyMods.com > Forums > Modifications > Impreza WRX (02-04) > Interior > Changing Stock Stereo Color
thanks for the link explains it pretty good just what i was looking for..much thanks

TreyS wrote:
Just pull the knobs off the OEM radio then remove the screws. The face snaps off pretty easily. Once you get the circuit board off then there are 4 twist tabs. Twist them straight so you can fold down the metal cover for the LCD screen. Keep in mind that one corner is soldered so be gentle. Just fold it down and you will see the two lights there. There are 7 lights total. Get the red bulb condoms in the .12 size. They fit perfectly.

thanks for the pic man really thats what i was looking for. gunna try this tomorrow..thank you very much.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts