IW STi Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: How To: Aftermarket Seats in a GR w/ airbag fix & pass. side bladder replacement

If I drill out the module, use the resistor, will this be enough to have the airbags working and stop the seat chime from going off as long as i keep the seat belt buckled.

Aside from my dog there will be no small children in my car or in the front, so I'm not worried about the weight issue.

I replaced my seats last minute for a meet and could not find the resistor or had enough time to drill out the module so I just drove 2hrs + with the chime going off :mad:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: How To: Aftermarket Seats in a GR w/ airbag fix & pass. side bladder replacement

im actually in the process of doing this! bought some bride strada reps locally, and went out and nabbed Jna's Bride reclinable brackets with rails/sliders. the fitment took me a while to figure how to bolt it up. but after that was figured out i ran into a issue of the seat belt bracket on the bracket hitting the seat itself. i had to torch it and bend it SLIGHTLY to make room for the bolt insert!

tomorrow il be taking the oem seats out and gutting the passenger seat. my only question is can i get away with putting the passenger seat bladder underneath the velcro seat foam? or do i have to gut the bottom of my new bride rep seat?

·
Registered
1 Posts

I can't view any of the pictures, any chance you have a copy of them you can send to me please.

Cheers

Kyle

·
Registered
1 Posts

For those of you looking for the pictures from this thread, I stumbled onto them with some advanced googlefu. Here's the link to the Google Images search for this thread. As of 2018-10-24, the pictures were still there. And with a bit of inference, one should be able to determine what picture goes with what step.
Link to Google Images search: Google Images results for this thread

21 - 27 of 27 Posts