IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running a K&N Typhoon, Helix Catless DP, HKS Carbon Ti, and Cobb AP Stage 2 on 91 Octane..

I want to upgrade power.. I really want to do a Turbo Upgrade to a FP Green and also invest in a Front Mount Intercooler and get it ProTuned after that.

Up until now I haven't been able to tune it beyond the AP Stage 2 because I am in Hawaii on Oahu(Honolulu, Pearl Harbor) and there is no AWD Dyno on the island.. I am finally leaving Hawaii in September and will be going to the East Coast.

My main question is: How much power can I expect to make without damaging the stock internals? Also what mods do you suggest I do to accompany the Turbo upgrade?

Thanks,
Owen

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
There are plenty of cars out there making tons of hp on the stock block. The key is to have a good tune. You don't have to be dyno tuned for a larger turbo setup, but it makes it easier on the tuner to adjust things or take care of any problems if the car is on a dyno. Other supporting mods you will need besides FMIC, and the turbo are: injectors, fuel pump, turbo inlet, possibly different intake (K&N typhoon won't work with Perrin FMIC), boost controller ( Apexi AVCR, TurboXS Dtec, etc.), Protune by good tuner.

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
Over 400whp is when the pistons and rod bearings will give out over some time.
With a good tune, it could hopefully hold out for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts