IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much did you guys paid?

The best deal I got is $55000 after tax out the door with auto dimming mirror included in the price.

Anybody got better deals?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Look online and find the invoice price and the MSRP price. You should be able to get it somewhat cheaper than MSRP, and no cheaper (or almost no cheaper) than invoice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbs said:
$55700 out the door for me last June. Over $7k in taxes alone :cry:
Thanks, the deal that I got sounds good I guess. But yes, I am paying GST+ PST and that's 15% as well. Damn, I kinda wonder why the STi are sitting on the lot and not yet sold...

Guess the issue that I need to worry about is the HID kit conversion then... I can't afford to get pull over for my light all da time :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Our car sat at the dealership for 6-7 weeks because they wanted list + $1,500 freight/pdi + a $1,500 premium :( . (someone else had ordered it but then the deal fell through)

They told me there was no way they could negotiate, since it was such a special, hard to find car. I refused to pay that, knowing that there was a silver one available in Calgary without that extra amount added on (internet and email are great negotiating tools!) I could have flown to Calgary, driven it home and still have been ahead. As the end of July rolled around, I think they were dreading another month of expensive inventory and agreed to take the price gouge off.

While Jim had to wait all that time to get the car he wanted (he went in to see it the day after it rolled off the truck), my stubborness saved us $1,500.00. :lol:

After 7% GST and 7% PST I think it worked out to about $54 something.

Sue :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess it's just the supply and demand thing after all.

I personally refuse to pay any markup, unless for ultra exotics. I remember in the 3 years ago when the S2000 first came out. Some dealer wanted to markup the car, I just walked right out. A few weeks later, they start to sell at MRSP, then started to offer test drives. :roll:

I mean, come on, you guys ain't selling Ferrari, who ya kidding. :roll: Yet on the other hand if the car is very limited in supply, it's a different story all together.

With the STi, the dealer never asked for any markup, at least not the ones I been to. Mostly agree MRSP early this year already. What really amaze me is the fact that they are willing to go lower than MRSP. Damn I wonder why there are so many of them sitting on the lot. Admitly it is still a lot for a subaru. I think Subaru are a bit overpriced in Canada in general. However for the STi, it's actually still fair. I would get the car in a heart beat if it's got the HID... damn I will never live without one.

Oh, and I think $43000 is what the STi is really worth without the HID. A few hundred more with it. That's JMHO though.

Anyways, guys enjoy your ride, hopefully I will get mine soon.

T

·
0 Posts
Keep in mind that even though we don't get HID we do get floor mats, a 6 CD in dash stereo, heated seat and better sport seats than our American neighbours.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Few questions. Need your opinion

turbs said:
Keep in mind that even though we don't get HID we do get floor mats, a 6 CD in dash stereo, heated seat and better sport seats than our American neighbours.
Yep, although I am still a bit too small even for the Canadian STi seats. I am about 5-10 155lb.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yep, although I am still a bit too small even for the Canadian STi seats. I am about 5-10 155lb.

DANG, That's my left leg... lol... I thought the seats were just the right size for a plump 25 yo. hahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts