IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
not very rare. at least 3500 for 04. the 05's might see smaller numbers due to the redesign in 06
the mazdaspeed=rare integra type r=rare evo rs=rare(in america) all these saw production numers smaller than 700 for certain years

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
If you are thinking that it will be a collector's item, perhaps in the rhealm of collected items that depreciate. Buy one because you like it.

My last car was rare with fewer than 800 imported to the US and Canada, and getting parts for it was a challenge. Rarity can suck that way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I asked this question about '04's on another board and got this answer:

"Here's what SOA emailed me a couple of weeks ago when I asked the same question.

2,783 2004 WRX STi Sedans with the Gold Wheels
4,427 2004 WRX STi Sedans with the Silver Wheels
7,310 2004 WRX STi Sedans "

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
EJ20T engine swap into '93 impreza wagon

i read that often times when manufacturers produce stripped down race-type versions of productions cars that alot of them end up in storage instead of being driven. i agree that you should buy an Sti because you like it, not because you hope it'll be worth something down the road. its amazing how much old musclecars go for these days. i think the differance between our STi and the cars of the late 60's is this. back in the 60's no one was thinking that those cars would be worth anything in 30 years and they drove them to death.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh no, I love the car. I'm just having trouble finding a Blue 2005 STi in my area. I've found like 4 in the closest 8 states. I'm in IL. I'm just wondering about how many are going to be out there, so how fast should I jump on buying one. Most of the dealers are not budging on price but a couple are flexing a little, below sticker. 8)

·
Registered
348 Posts
How come whenever someone asks how many STis were built, someone always responds with, "it doesn't matter, it's not going to be a collector's item"? Why do people assume that that is why the person is asking about how many were built? I am interested in how many were built because I like having a car that is different from every other car you see on the street. It's got nothing to do with being able to sell the car for a profit in 20 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How come whenever someone asks how many STis were built, someone always responds with, "it doesn't matter, it's not going to be a collector's item"? Why do people assume that that is why the person is asking about how many were built? I am interested in how many were built because I like having a car that is different from every other car you see on the street. It's got nothing to do with being able to sell the car for a profit in 20 years.
It's literally a collectors item now. Glad that I've owned mine (2004 STi) for getting on 20 years. And only concerned myself with taking care of it and NEVER allowing it to drive on salt. Ever. Now that all the idiots ruined their's, it actually is a collector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's literally a collectors item now. Glad that I've owned mine (2004 STi) for getting on 20 years. And only concerned myself with taking care of it and NEVER allowing it to drive on salt. Ever. Now that all the idiots ruined their's, it actually is a collector.
You do have a very good point, the 2004 was the closest made to a WRC version. No stereo or speakers. People forget that moon roofs, AC and leather are not part of a WRC car.

For me, your car is collectable, based upon how it was so raw compared to my 2016 that I just sold. That to me, is very appealing.

·
Super Moderator
10,782 Posts
Jennifer,
Requesting pictures of said unmolested 2004 STi.

·
Registered
232 Posts
As we hear about the demise of the STI and now the limited availability of the Corolla GR, it will be hard to know if any of these cars will be collectibles. Clean, low mile examples will definitely be appreciated, but doubtful for extreme value.

I remember when I was car shopping for my first STI in early 2005, STIs were readily available. Dealers had multiple STIs sitting on their lots. Pick your color. I believe the amount of STIs that were available in 2005 is similar to the proposed GR count. However, the buzz around the GR for US release is high and people are open about willing to pay mark-up on the price. Is this the new norm for desirable cars? If so, I’m absolutely sure it will impact the values of cars that blazed the pathways for today’s sporty cars.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,430 Posts
I "ruined" mine (05, and the 05 is a better car than the 04) perfectly :)
Collectors item? Who cares if you cant drive it . . .often . . . when you want.

I'm happy to have a garage these days. As large as it is, it's not a car museum and there is no space for "a collectors item".

·
Registered
777 Posts
I "ruined" mine (05, and the 05 is a better car than the 04) perfectly :)
Collectors item? Who cares if you cant drive it . . .often . . . when you want.

I'm happy to have a garage these days. As large as it is, it's not a car museum and there is no space for "a collectors item".
I have a 2005 currently. Met a guy whose suppose to sell me his 04 next year. I kind of wish it was a 2005 but I’d like your take on the better things.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts