IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious how many people were waiting patiently for utec or other?
mine will be christmas present from wife

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I am also.

·
Registered
284 Posts
04' WRX STI Wheels and tranny for sale

i want the damn utec already! ill improve the handling in the meantime...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Also not patiently.....but doing other "minor mods" in the meantime to keep me busy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sti vs acura cls w 75 shot

Eagerly waiting :D I'm wondering how much gain in HP/TQ we can expect on an otherwise stock STi. As far as timeline for it being ready I'd be surprised if it wasn't ready in time for SEMA.

·
Registered
382 Posts
yeah, I am very interested in what kind of power can be made, considering the EVO guys are now running 12.6 quarter-miles with nothing but a reflash.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
maxwolfinger said:
yeah, I am very interested in what kind of power can be made, considering the EVO guys are now running 12.6 quarter-miles with nothing but a reflash.
where did you see this? they flash their ecu and are now running 1+ seconds faster in the 1/4? Are you sure its not more then just a reflash? I've seen evos run 13.7-14.X a lot stock... and to drop that much with their engine being maxxed pretty much stock I really doubt it. I can understand running better timing and fuel maps and such... but you cant really up the boost much and whatnot so I just dont see how it'd get that much faster. I have a friend with a white evo8... he just got a boost controller, flash, and full TBE.... it surely still doesnt seem like a 12 second car yet. although he is a 18 y-old spoiled kid.

UTEC will provide a HUGE gain from what I've heard from turboxs and will remove a huge stumbling block in the stock ecu's settings. This will be what starts dropping our 1/4 times.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Waiting, but I have allllll winter, so I'm in no hurry. I just want it to be done correctly.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Last week, at Infineon Raceway.... this one EVO owner w/ a ECU upgrade (forgot what it was called), exhaust, & intake was hitting 13.0 -13.1 runs all evening. But for the most part, I see alot of EVO owners hitting between 13.4 - 14.x @ the tracks.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ecu, exhaust, and intake and not in the 12s? dang... I guess I can still take my friend's then :D

Robert~

·
Registered
382 Posts
it depends, if the EVO owner is willing to replace his clutch every few thousand miles, or if he has an upgraded clutch, then you will get beat. If they don't want to spend a ton of cash, and launch lightly, you could probably win. You can see the power of the reflash in the trap-speed. People have claimed 107 with just the reflash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
vishnu has a piggy bank set up right. how do those work. im running at sears point next week my stock sti hopefully i can get up tthere.

but another thing is exaust, turboxs, or godspeed etc dont know which is better to go with

1 - 20 of 21 Posts