IW STi Forum banner

How many of you actually track your milage?

• Yes.

Votes: 63 72.4%
  • No.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • When I remember.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Peanutbutter Jelly Time.

Votes: 11 12.6%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
better than you
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do because (1) it tells me how hard I'm driving the car, and (2) if the milage starts to drop unexpectedly I can try to diagnose any problems before something big happens.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I do and I actually post it here:

http://www.istargazer.ca/sti/sti_fuel.htm

I don't know why I do it since it doesn't change the way I drive (lead foot). I've been posting the results of all the vehicles I've had (from SUV to scooter) so I guess it's out of habit. It does get tedious. If I keep the car longer than a year, I'm going to stop recording. That way I'll have data for the first year of ownership.

Since it doesn't affect the way I drive, the results always seem to be the same.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I watch the milage all the time. For the same reasons mentioned above. its also fun when going to the track. When I went to watkins glen I got 31mpg on the way to Watkins Glen, and 28mpg on the way back. while on the track I got 5mpg.

·
Platinum Metalhead
558 Posts
STI_VT said:
I watch the milage all the time. For the same reasons mentioned above. its also fun when going to the track. When I went to watkins glen I got 31mpg on the way to Watkins Glen, and 28mpg on the way back. while on the track I got 5mpg.
You got 31 mpg in an STI?? How in the world...

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I don't really track it, per se. I just have a good idea how many miles I usually get on a tank and I watch that (but no spreadsheets or anything). I did get 28MPG once on a trip to VA. Once I hit the interstate, I never took it out of 6th.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I don't record it, but I reset Trip A every time I fill up, and I run the numbers in my head to guesstimate mileage on that tank. It consistently ends up being 22 in the summer, and closer to 20-21 in the winter.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I keep track of the gas mileage using the trip a counter as well. It lets me know how hard I am driving and a really low or high number can be an indication of an iminent problem. Also, on long trips it makes guestimating when you have to fill up easier.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i calculate it everytime i fill up. pretty steady 18mpg mostly suburban/country driving. can't seem to make it affect my lead foot though. :lol: i think i'm gonna stop actually calculating and just watch the rough miles per tank. everytime i see 17.xxx on the calc on my cell i get sad :(

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
I did it once, got 22mpg when I was trying to stay out of boost a decent amount, but still had to do some passing.

I dont ever do the calculation anymore, as I am sure it would depress me, heh, I doubt my mileage is that great

·
Registered
524 Posts
I average 25 MPG @ Stage 2 (going to work and back, etc...), When I race around it goes down to 19

·
Registered
388 Posts
jaybara said:
You got 31 mpg in an STI?? How in the world...
Got on the interstate set the cruise at 70, and left it. 3XX miles later I stopped to fill up. This was right after I switched to Amsoil. I get on average 28mpg on trips. Daily driving its more like 22-24.

·
Registered
451 Posts
...Reset the trip everytime I fill mine up...religiously

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Just the first 1K, after that I track it per tank of gas.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
nandanrp said:
My best ever was 25/26 mpg when I was stock. Best ever with Stage 2/Protune was 24 mpg last weekend :)

I don't track it, per se, but I do calculate it every time I fill up.

Yeah Im with him^^^^

1 - 20 of 41 Posts