IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice pic, man!!

I've been utilizing mine for autocross lately.. it's a lot of fun, even though I'm getting my butt kicked.

Still haven't had the chance to play in the snow yet... wondering if I'm gonna get the chance!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
pictures of Defi D series guages

ummm do canyon runs count???? and im not talkin about drivin ms. daisy :wink:

·
Registered
586 Posts
:eek: Awesome pics! Do you have a 1024 x 768 version of those pics? I would love that middle one for my desktop. :D

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M said:
:eek: Awesome pics! Do you have a 1024 x 768 version of those pics? I would love that middle one for my desktop. :D
:lol: That's my desktop currently, as well.

I have a somewhat resized one that's just a bit smaller than my 1280x1024 desktop at home. I'll see about making one slightly smaller and maybe even crop it so it can be stretched without distortion for larger desktop areas. :p

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
nice pics, dude what kind of wheels are those?
mine is used to look good in the garage!=) and to do my cruising and racing, and autox/roadracing! =)

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rota Tarmac IIs in gunmetal. . . my winter wheels with Blizzak LM-22s. Gives the ride a "h4RdC0r3" look for the harsh months. :p

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I have some pictures of my jeep encased in ice.... gimmie a minute and I'll find the CD I stored those on..... lol

[edit]

Ok, here we go:

http://students.washington.edu/bitabur/winter2004_11.jpg
http://students.washington.edu/bitabur/winter2004_10.jpg
http://students.washington.edu/bitabur/winter2004_09.jpg
http://students.washington.edu/bitabur/winter2004_08.jpg

And here's our snowman at the bottom of my yard. It was about 9-10 feet tall, and weighed between 500 and 700 pounds. To give you some scale, that blue circular thing leaning against the shed is a 13 foot trampoline.
http://students.washington.edu/bitabur/winter2004_05.jpg

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
dang i didnt think those tarmacs looked that slick...hmmm maybe ill look into them again ;-)

·
Registered
167 Posts
LOL
Mine is babied, it sits in a garage and if it gets wet I get upset, the garage door doesnt typically open on a rainy day just in case :D
Of course if it snowed here I would have to try that at least once :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
mines in the rain snow dirt...all the time.

Yukonart, what kind of ski/board rack is that? I have Yakima bars and Ski rack but wondering how I can attach it to the STi... I probably need diffrent mounting brackets but I dont know how they work. (I used to have it on my pathfinder and it hooked into the factory roof rack)

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got a full Thule rack system on there.

400 Aero Foot Pack
206 Fit Kit
725 Ski/Board rack
Load bars

Honestly, you should be able to use whatever fit kit Yakima makes to mount your load bars and rack to the WRX sedan roof. Otherwise, I totally recommend the Thule stuff. :p
Fairing
Lock kit with six (6) locks (4 for mounting brackets, 2 for ski rack)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did the Thule rack cause any damage to the roof of your car? I had a Yakima rack on my old car, but it dented the roof of the car where the feet touched the car. I put 100mph tape under the feet so the paint was fine, but that didn't stop the dents.

I've contacted Subaru, Thule, Yakima and Saris; none have a permenant rack that will use the factory mounts under the weather strip on the roof. Does anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Those are great pics! Now we just need some action pics! I have only had mine out in snow once while I was driving 80+ miles to go take a very important and expensive test. I didn't have a lot of playing on my mind. I kept waiting for more snow, but we never got any more. I still don't trust other drivers enough though, I will still leave the snow and ice to my VDC Outback. You're on ice and you never know it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey man great pics but I a question thats kind of topic. Do you have the stock brake pads and rotors on in that pic? Im only asking because I saw the ice on the car and heard and read some reports that the STi's stock brakes arent really set up for cold weather. Furthermore, that they have even failed or been delayed in colder weather.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
STi_Guy said:
Did the Thule rack cause any damage to the roof of your car? I had a Yakima rack on my old car, but it dented the roof of the car where the feet touched the car. I put 100mph tape under the feet so the paint was fine, but that didn't stop the dents.

I've contacted Subaru, Thule, Yakima and Saris; none have a permenant rack that will use the factory mounts under the weather strip on the roof. Does anyone have a solution?
The ONLY visible signs I've ever encountered from having the Thule rack is very, very small notches where the arms of the fit kit draw down and hook under the black rain lip along the sides. For the most part, it's barely noticable. I've never had any issues with dents or scratches, though. :)

Sorry you had problems with your Yakima kit. Part of the reason I went Thule is from lots of research suggesting that their means to attach racks to most roofs is better than almost all the competition. These were my own findings, however.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts