IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i blew my original 2.0l on friday, since the block was cracked so bad i replaced with an EJ25. i still the original wrx 5-spd transmission, im just so worried that this thing will break right away. hopefully itll last til i go to iraq in may so i can get the ppg gears i was looking for, but im pretty broke until then. 460 for my car payment and 210 for the loan payment for the engine, plus my insurance and other bills plus im only an e4 in the army. looks like i need to put in a lot more hours at my other job!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
well i launch all the time in my stage 2 wrx 03, and seriously i think my transmission is stronger than the evos tranny cause my buddy had to get his replaced after like 12k . . . so u should be fine for a while if u dont do to many launches :p

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Yep, if you really concerned and can't afford another yet, take it easy, no launching, don't go banging gears.

·
Registered
326 Posts
wrx tranny

it deppends on how you drive it.
Be carefull and itll be allrigh.. dont drag and launch too much or youll blow it in no time. My friend has a wrx with about 280 hp and his tranny blew up after 5 months of hard drivin, beatin the crap out of it.
Anyways, hope it helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts