IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wussup i just recently hit 1k miles on my car, finally broke the bitch in, so now im wondering, can I start modifying right away like with a full turbo exhaust, gt spec header, blitz sus intake, hks blowoff value, and probably a staticx ground kit also, probably all at the same time. So should i start right away or should I wait a little longer for the engine. Any help would be great!

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
wait for ECU to be availible and slap it all on :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea porting the wastegate is a must, commen sense, i just forget to put that up there. Now the ecu, i should wait till that came out. is that not already out or do you mean put it on when it comes out. But yeah yall didnt really answer my question, so i can go ahead and do all thos mods, no wait for a little while? ayte koo koo

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
I've always started modding straight after break in. I dont see any problems.

·
Registered
647 Posts
sti_187 said:
yea porting the wastegate is a must, commen sense, i just forget to put that up there. Now the ecu, i should wait till that came out. is that not already out or do you mean put it on when it comes out. But yeah yall didnt really answer my question, so i can go ahead and do all thos mods, no wait for a little while? ayte koo koo
If you're porting the wastegate now, go ahead with the rest and add the UTEC or other ECU upgrade later.

RN

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would add a Perrin crank pulley to the list. 15-20 minute job. --Sin52

·
Registered
219 Posts
sti_187 said:
wussup i just recently hit 1k miles on my car, finally broke the ***** in, so now im wondering, can I start modifying right away like with a full turbo exhaust, gt spec header, blitz sus intake, hks blowoff value, and probably a staticx ground kit also, probably all at the same time. So should i start right away or should I wait a little longer for the engine. Any help would be great!
I'd blow the blow-off valve and get a boost controller instead. Also make sure you do something to the intake, either air-box hack or Short Ram.

·
Registered
126 Posts
its ok to run boost controller on stock intake correct? im getting ready to use turboxs single stage manual boost controller and up the boost the 15.5 psi. i have heard stock intake is good up to 500hp? first mods are going to be boost controller and hks carbon-ti exhaust. sticking with the stock bov for a while.

Kyle R

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Re: Gone and done

DOES ANYONE KNOW?

i will wait the full 1-2000 miles before really modding but i removed the air box silencer already at just 200 miles this really wont do any harm correct please verify.. it was just too easy and i had to do something after debadging the car already

gt thanks group !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts