IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I installed tanabe gf210 springs about 2 1/2 weeks ago, still haven't gotten an alignment yet... but anyway, the left rear is 1 finger lower than the right side now...

How long does it take for the springs to fully settle? My other question is, should I wait to get the alignment done when they fully settle or do it now... ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
couple days

·
Registered
303 Posts
As soons as you put those springs on. YOU SHOULD HAVE gotten a alignment the day you did it. Its not going to kill your car, but it is possible for your tires to be eaten up. Think about it your tires go up and down ALL day when you are driving. So it would not have great effects on alignment. Camber at the most would be effected my camber, but only if it seriously drops.

VAN

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
YEP, good springs dont require too much. Its more an issue of how much "exercise" you give them after you install. Droop and alot of bumps will do it. But again, good springs dont need any of that.

As for the finger measure, unless you are on concrete that you have used a 8' level on, asphalt is super unlevel and wobbly at best.

Measure the bottom of the frame rails in the rear for a good measurement.

Myles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts