IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know how long I need to wait before I wax my new car. I have heard that paint on new cars needs to "cure" for up to three months before it gets a coat of wax, but that's just what I've heard, and I don't know if it's different on STi's.

Does anybody have a definitive answer?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I was told 3 months as well. Just check teh build date of the car if its been over 3 months you're ok.

How do you like the Limited? Pics please :D

·
Banned
224 Posts
you dont have to wait...paint today is baked on and so technologically advanced its ready to go right out the booth! wax on-wax off dude!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
The dealer usually waxes the car prior to you taking delivery of it...

the random rumors that start in this world...

I waxed mine the 2nd day i got it, because dealers use a cheaper wax

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
klaymon said:
My body shop told me to wait 3 months after I had my bumper replaced.
Yes, but that is because they dont have the ovens the manf. have. Go ahead and polish and wax :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yeah. The car sits with the paintjob done during the transport from Japan to the US, so that should be enough time for the paint to cure if it is not cured already from the factory.

I was told to wait a month before waxing by my bodyshop when I did a bodykit on G35.

·
Registered
597 Posts
turbojoey said:
you dont have to wait...paint today is baked on and so technologically advanced its ready to go right out the booth! wax on-wax off dude!
100% correcto!!! and besides i hate to break the news to you but even though you see that car on the lot brand new chances are its already about 3 months old....
JASON

·
Registered
597 Posts
scubadiver424 said:
The dealer usually waxes the car prior to you taking delivery of it...

the random rumors that start in this world...

I waxed mine the 2nd day i got it, because dealers use a cheaper wax
waxed mine after i went out cruising the firs night, and then took it to work on a damn **** windy day to only come home and wax it again!
LOL
JASON

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Well when my car was repainted (drivers side) they told me atleast a month for it to heal so...

·
Gunnin' it.
5,148 Posts
I waxed mine a couple days after I got it. At the dealer, usually the car just sits outside and bakes in the sun, and the dealer also uses a wax below my standards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts