IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have typhoon intake, invida v3 downpipe, greddy catback, and AP protune by pandl tuning, i'm currenly running at 18psi on stock turbo... 296 whp and 311 torque, what do u guys think of the number?

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
hmm 18psi is a tid bit low imo, but nice numbers! dont worry about waht the dyno reads, worry about how it feels.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
i agree with scorcher, hp is fine and tq is a little low but no big deal. overall nice numbers :tup:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Torque seems a little low on 93 pump (if you're running that). Those are the numbers that would show up for someone on 91 octane. But it depends on what dyno you're using (high or low reading). But if it feels smoother and performs a lot better than before, you're golden!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
do you have the baseline numbers? it's the before and after difference that really matters. as others have said though, don't worry too much about numbers. on another dyno, your car could read higher or lower.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
It's not really possible to tell just based on the number, you'd need to know what STI's typically make on that exact dyno (and under those exact conditions would be even better). Best would be back to back with your own baseline bone stock.

I made 295 whp and 330 wtq with a Perrin catless DP, Invidia G200 cat-back, and PDXTuning off the shelf stage 2 map. See what I mean? How does that compare to your numbers? It doesn't :D.

Dave

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
:yeahthat: :)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
^^ :lol:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya... i feel good about my car... it's def. faster and smoother than before.. so hell with the numbers

·
Registered
494 Posts
Exactly. Numbers are meaningless. Too many variables. It's before and after what counts. Enjoy :)

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I completely disagree! If we all used the same dyno the numbers would be meaningful. The problem is that some use dynojets, some use dynopac's, some use mustangs, there is no way to compare those results. But! I know what my car does because I always use the same dyno at the same tuner. It's the same argument about 1/4 mile times as well. There are too many variables to compare 1/4 mile times to judge how quick a car is......

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
^^ would still be a little difficult because you would have to take into account atmospheric variances and the particular dyno run (i.e. was one car run at 60 degrees and another at 100 degress? were the numbers from the 10th run of a car with a heatsoaked tmic or from the 3rd run on a non-heatsoaked tmic? etc.) to compare cars, it would be ideal to have the cars run on the same dyno on the same day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts