IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its driving me crazy... i cant take the door panel off to install the speakers and what not, and im hacking up the door panel with the screwdriver bc that damn moulding wont come off... i can get the top part off, but not at the same time as the bottom part.....

any tips???? its driving me nuts and the door is soon gonna look like ass

·
Registered
60 Posts
should I use dynomat for my doors? (vibration)

yeah, it is a pain in the ass :x

i pushed up on the panel to create a small gap, then I carefully stuck a screwdriver in there and pulled it forward.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
dc11r said:
its driving me crazy... i cant take the door panel off to install the speakers and what not, and im hacking up the door panel with the screwdriver bc that damn moulding wont come off... i can get the top part off, but not at the same time as the bottom part.....

any tips???? its driving me nuts and the door is soon gonna look like ass
Use a small jewelers screwdriver and push it in between the trim and the door in the forward corner. Then you will need another small screwdriver to slide in between the top part of the trim and the door. There are two small clips there as well. Once you have those dislodged (2 clips on top and 1 in the corner), pop the two clips off the bottom by pulling down while making sure not to let the first 3 clips re-engage. The last clip is behind the chrome door lever. You sort of have to wiggle it/pry at it to get it out.

After you take it on and off several times it can be removed by simply pulling up and out on the trim. The problem is that it is too rigid the first time.

Hope that helps,

-st

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you mean the stupid door handle trim piece, it's definitely annoying. What I did was to get everything unscrewed, removed all the other bits, and just gave the door a tug from the bottom, and slowly started un-snapping the main door trim piece. I found that once I had the lower half of the door loose, the small door handle trim will pop right out without using any screwdrivers or anything. I had to tug a bit, but I actually discovered this by accident after forgetting to take it off putting my speakers in.

jason

·
Registered
128 Posts
I did mine the same as kerz no need to use screwdriver much nicer on the door panel they can be a pain in the A$$ though..I've learned to just be gently and patient. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts