IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Make Me Feel Better bout' STI!!!

alright guys, i gotta question for u. Okay, I've been putting my blood and sweat into saving money for an STi. Before I go out and get one (within 4 months) I want to make sure it's all that people say it is. I haven't been able to test drive one so I was hoping someone could describe to me how it compares to some cars that I have driven. I've driven a 98 m3, with mods like chip intake and exhaust and that thing haauuuls ass. The torque is insane. How does the sti's torque and acceleration compare to it? Thanks a lot for your imput, it could very well determine whether I ge tone or not.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Hmm

by the way...i know that it has 300 pounds of torque, i was refering to how it feels rather than the actual amount. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Where do you live? Find someone close by to take you for a ride. The Dealer I bought my STi at, the owner had an STi as his personal car and he took me out in that. I was SOLD!!!!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Ya the STi is all that it is claimed to be 300hp/300tq and then some. After the RX8 having to refund people's money due to so much power loss, unless 300 tq was the actual amount (or close to it) then there'd be serious problems. Scuba even was able to make 300WTQ @ 5800ft off of some simple bolt on mods. So yes it is VERY torquey.

Robert~

·
Registered
216 Posts
Test drive one, it's a must.

Find a dealership that has a demo STi broken in. I know of two off hand, Austin, TX and Jacksonville, FL. I am sure there are others, surely one in your area.

Where do you hail from and maybe you can get an offer to ride along.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im from the san mateo area in the bay area. (San Francisco)
Also, the reason I am asking this is because I am a full time student and have very little free time, I shouldn't even be thinking about this car. but what can you do, I love this car sooo much. I am planning on joining ucla or ucsb as an engineering major. (definitly want to be involved with cars after college) I think about this car everyday, its about time I feel it everyday...

·
Registered
454 Posts
My other car is a '98 Firebird Formula with a few mods, and the main reason I bought my STi is that it doesn't feel slow compared to my Formula. I used to have a '02 Impreza 2.5RS, and every time I got out of the Firebird the RS felt like a real slug. With the STi it's not that way, in fact right now the STi is more fun than the Firebird is and I prefer to drive it instead of the Firebird.

The STi has pretty good torque compared to any car... amazing torque for a 4 cylinder engine. When the turbo kicks in it feels like there is a rocket pack on the back of the car.

I agree... test drive one. Keep looking until you find a dealer that will let you. I don't think you will be disappointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts