IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i try to remove my motor today and failed :eek: ...I have the service manual and did everything it said an more......The problem i cannot remove the motor from the trany....yes i remove all the trany bolts an pivot fort from the trany....I pulled,yank and nothing...Any input maybe i miss something....Thanks inadvanced

Anybody from jerz wants to come help i will supply the beer and women lol...

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
i beileve there is some pin you have to pull out taht will release it.

just a suggestion that i read on nasioc. i have never pulled a block before, so bump for you!

·
Registered
2005 STi
1,249 Posts
Hmm I will be pulling me motor in 2-3 weeks so I would like to know any tricks as well.

·
Registered
710 Posts
That pin that you pulled is attached to the clutch fork, which will still be engaged to the throwout bearing. If you have not lifted the clutch fork out of the throw-out bearing then that could cause some trouble. I did a clutch install last weekend and it was difficult for me to seperate the engine and the transmission, although I was just taking off the transmission and not pulling the engine. I had to use a pry bar in order to start to seperate them.

If it were easy then everyone would do it.:p

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ChristianCGM said:
That pin that you pulled is attached to the clutch fork, which will still be engaged to the throwout bearing. If you have not lifted the clutch fork out of the throw-out bearing then that could cause some trouble. I did a clutch install last weekend and it was difficult for me to seperate the engine and the transmission, although I was just taking off the transmission and not pulling the engine. I had to use a pry bar in order to start to seperate them.

If it were easy then everyone would do it.:p
Yea i hear ya...But i pulled the pin out..and the hole is to small to pull the fork out i have it almost thur the hole...if you can picture what i am talking about...the bell housing just don't want to come apart......

·
Registered
710 Posts
You are right, but the forks slide onto slots/hooks on the throw-out bearing. If you are able to move the clutch fork around and it has lots of play in every direction, it will no longer be an issue.

There are the two studs at the bottom and two guide pins above them on the each side of the back of the engine. They are probably keeping the engine from seperating. It will take some work and a whole lot of effort to unseat those guide pins. If you are able to get enough space between the engine and transmission for a pry bar or screw driver, try it. Make sure that you slowly and evenly. The last thing that you want to do is damage the splines on the power take off shaft on the transmission. If you don't fell comfortable with prying, thats fine, but you just have to do it enough to break loose the guide pins.

Do you have the car jacked up or is it on the ground? Is there any seperation between the engine and transmission? Why are you pulling the engine?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ChristianCGM said:
You are right, but the forks slide onto slots/hooks on the throw-out bearing. If you are able to move the clutch fork around and it has lots of play in every direction, it will no longer be an issue.

There are the two studs at the bottom and two guide pins above them on the each side of the back of the engine. They are probably keeping the engine from seperating. It will take some work and a whole lot of effort to unseat those guide pins. If you are able to get enough space between the engine and transmission for a pry bar or screw driver, try it. Make sure that you slowly and evenly. The last thing that you want to do is damage the splines on the power take off shaft on the transmission. If you don't fell comfortable with prying, thats fine, but you just have to do it enough to break loose the guide pins.

Do you have the car jacked up or is it on the ground? Is there any seperation between the engine and transmission? Why are you pulling the engine?
I have the front of the car on jack stands so i can get a jack under the trany because the car sits so low.I have the tein s techs with 18/8 rims, tires...As far as the engine spun a bearing...thanks For the great input.I will try working on the car soon....

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its out.....with the help of a prybar an some pb blaster...:D Thanks for all the replys.. Gene:wave:

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I was gonna tell you to do what i did, rubber mallet and a prybar.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ChristianCGM said:
Good to hear........it's even more fun to put it back together. It will actually go faster since you know how it is assembled.
I want to thank you most of all for your help...;) ....besides the trany it wasn't that bad to pull the motor...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts