IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I searched and used some of the wiring info in the stickies but basicly I need to hear from someone who has or knows how this should go.

I attempted to hookup my amp and sub by simply taping the signal from the wiring going to the factory sub, since this is how I had it in my RSX and it worked perfectly. In the process I discovered a couple things 1 there is only 1 chanel runing out of the back of the head to the factory sub (purple/orange) though there seems to be 2 channels going in at the plug in the sub. When I try to attach my line level converter to this chanel 2 things happen:
1. the output of the factory sub is drasticly reduced
2. the signal to the amp is poor/weak.

My questions:
1. Is the signal in that accessory output from the head (seperate square plug with only the orange/purple a line level not speaker level? As this may/would explain most of my problems

2. Is there a better way to do this that will not affect the function of the factory sub? As in taping rear speaker speaker level lines without affecting the output of these channels?

3. Is there something else going on here that I don't realize and I need a new idea from someone who is doing this sucessfully.

PS 06' model

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
you need to tap to a non amplified signal... IE the rear speakers are usually how we do it. Use a 9v battery to help find you speakers in the harness. If you pay close attention when probing the harness for the speaker, the battery itself has a + and a - when you get the polarity correct the speaker moves outward, if it is reveresed it sucks in. Using this will correct your issue. The harness in the '06's are all weird. Have fun... good luck

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what wires are what in the harness behind the head just wondering if I can get the signal pre amp at the factory sub harness since its a seperate output from the head and should(?) be a mono signal designed for this purpose. I have it working just really porly since the factory sub basicly barily sees signal after I tap its signal wich seems weird since its just a paralell connection to the line converter? So confused and harnesses are getting hacked up from trial and error.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seriously is no one running an aftermarket sub/amp with the factory stereo and factory sub?????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts