IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i installed HID for my STI and unplug the day time runnning light moduel in the engine bay. but the day time running light always kick in. so the light will on and off. i know there is one more near the passager side but i just can't find it. anyone know where is the other module or how can i totally disable it thanks a lot?

T

·
0 Posts
But keep in mind that DRL are a must in Canada, to not have them is illegal.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey turbs, thanks for the warning....
no seriously guy's ( and girls) he's right.... It's a huge fine in most areas... very displeasing, but true... you're looking at $100 at least... and the last thing you want is to encourage a cop to pull you over... I'm not sure the fine they give for non-factory installed HID's either....

SORRY GUY'S had to say this, Moral responsablity only... GIVE' ER!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
front side marker and rear turn signal bulb sizes?

Do STi's have a seperate High beam? Why not wire it so that it turns you high beams on like almost every other car on the road?

Might be difficult, but would probably keep you legal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
turbs said:
But keep in mind that DRL are a must in Canada, to not have them is illegal.
Not necessarily.

DRL's are only required by Transport Canada (Federal ministry) when one is importing the vehicle to Canada from another country - either as an individual or as a car manufacturing company.

Once the vehicle is registered (i.e., when you are on the title, and have the plates), then the Provincial Ministry of Transportation rules, and regulations apply.
In case of Ontario, the MoT does NOT require DRL's. Ontario Ministry of Transportation does not reference the Transport Canada documents.

I had disabled mine on another car after I installed the European headlamps.
On my car the DRL's worked off of the high beam, and with a 55w bulb in the Euro headlamps one does not want to run the DRL's from them
Trust me!

But, do check with your Province's Ministry of Transportation to confirm if they reference the Federal standards.
If they do, then you MUST have the DRL's. If the do not reference them, then you do NOT need them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts