IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

After reading the newswire and laughing like a school boy looking at the specs, I called up the dealers in my area to see what kind of activity has been going on.

My question is this:

I'm currently on the waiting list at one dealership (dealer A). I'm #11. I got on this list about a month ago.

I called around, and found dealer B that I can get the #2 spot. Now when I talked to them, they said that they would fax this in to 'reserve' a spot at the subaru dealership, and that there is a master list at the subaru headquarters that keeps everyone in order.

My question is this: Since my #11 spot at dealer A was faxed in a month ago, does it make sense to even try to get this #2 spot? i.e. would #11 at dealer A get a STI before #2 at dealer B? (since the dealer A 'order' was already submitted to the subaru headquarters.)

My thinking is that #2 at dealer B is better, but I'm not sure...

thoughts? Anyone can comment on how SOA is going to disburse their subaru's?

josh...

S

·
0 Posts
You can post this on the Anonymous forum and see if anyone out there knows, or thinks they know, but you better do it soon, because JJ is fixin to terminate it.

I have heard two different stories, both from Subaru people and the stories vary depending on which Region the Subaru people were in.

I honestly can not answer you. If I were number 11 at a high volume dealership I would not worry.

~600 dealers and ~5000 STi's That is less than 10 STi's per dealer, but some dealers may Presell 100 and some may not sell any, so I would not worry about being #11. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
>Anyone can comment on how SOA is going to disburse their subaru's?

i was at the DC auto show last week. the car babes in the awesome "butt pants" (this was *their* name for them) said that subaru will be sending 300/month nationwide and that the DC area was supposed to get 70 for the year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts