IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it is not the US STi, it is the STI Spec C from Japan. I post this here for a couple of reasons. First, here is a nice shot of a white STi, and secondly, because it shows another factory wing that I had not seen before. Thirdly, it talks about changes were made to the Spec C from the "standard" STi. I thought folks might want to look at making some of those same changes where possible. Lastly, the thing is F*&^ing FAST! So it makes for a good read.

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
ahh dammit...
dont u hate it whenl japan always has something new before we even have their leftover LOL
if we tell anybody in japan that we are getting the STi, they would say like "oh thats old that came out a few years ago.." =*( but i guess its good because subaru is always trying to improve their cars
O4STi

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dont pay a deposit in california??

Actually I beleive that's available in the UK, and not Japan. Could be available in Japan (I haven't looked in a while at the Subaru Japan site) but the article was written for the UK.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The article indicates It is a grey market import for the UK, brought over by a company called litchfield imports.

Michael

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ahh yes that is correct. I should have reread the original comments. It is a grey market Spec C. The hp and torque are quite interesting though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why does the rest of the world routinely get cooler cars than we do here in the states? Is it some cruel joke? Some kind of anti American revenge? Arghhh! I think I want a spec C STi now!!!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
yea for a 1994cc car those NUMBERS are HELLA impressive!!!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Dear Subaru,

BRING THIS CAR HERE. Yes i understand that this car is not for most people, but there are people like me who want this kind of car. I want a no nonsense track monster with a 2.0 litre engine making 320 hp(or better yet a 2.5 litre engine making 350hp). I want a suspension that makes love to a curve and pounds my spine like a professional wrestler. I want a car that weighs almost 200 kilos less. I want a roof vent :wink:. I want a spec C(I'll take a 22B instead though)!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!! Oh yeah i of course am willing to pay more money for it too!

Sincerely,

X-Japan

·
Registered
14 Posts
but the spec c's 1994cc allows it to rev to approx 8krpm instead of US's 2.5L 7krpm =( do u think it would have mroe power because it can rev higher?

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
alfredob1 said:
Pretty cool, thanks for the post. The wing is from the S202. I would take that wing over the one we're getting if I had a choice. But, oh well.
No way, not me. The S202 wing isn't even painted! I wouldn't want to pay another couple hundred bucks just to paint it. I think the stock STi wing is the lesser of the two evils...at least the form and aesthetics are much better, and I bet the function is equivalent as well.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Good lord, it only weighs 2866 lb. :eek: Looks like they've even improved on the S202 spec-wise.

Also note the 0-62 mph time is estimated. Too bad they didn't do a real test, but 4.2 seconds seems perfectly reasonable to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts