IW STi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I give.....I'm so sick of the rollercoaster of speculation. Everytime I hear a higher price, I get more discouraged. Don't get me wrong, the STi will be worth whatever the price ends up being, but good lord.......35k is 35k. I don't know if my newly-funded pocketbook will let me pull that one off.

I'm just going to sit back, finish my shopping, enjoy the holiday season, and pray to God that SOA gives us some hard facts in a few weeks.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
That thread is saying that DCCD will be available as an option. Then the price will be $35K. Note what Shirokuma from Tokyo says on that board: "Remember, DCCD isn't standard on the standard STi in Japan, it's optional. It pushes the price of the STi up by quite a bit in Japan."

So we still will be getting a base STi for what has been rumored all along...for $30-$32K

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
STi Spark Plugs

You know..right now..WHO CARES?!! If the STi doesn't come with a stereo (which it will) hopefully it will save me some money. As far as the DCCD..thats not a huge deal to me either. Honestly, it would be something else to break and I am sure something like that is EXPENSIVE!!

Having ridden/driven in an STi7 I am more than happy with that car. From what we have heard and seen in the ways of improvements on the new STi..sign me up. If DCCD costs $2-3K as an option..no thanks. I want my STi closer to $30K. One option that should be standard is HIDs. Thats the only option I want. 8)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Personalized plates in Canada

i don't understand why you'd rather HIDs than dccd; one is literally for looks as far as sight is concerned and one enhances the cars driving ability; it's no contest for me as far as choosing between the two.

·
Registered
392 Posts
People are complaining because the new STI may have an OPTION of the DCCD? One would think it would be great news the option exists for those who want it and can afford it. I'd sure rather have that than fancy headlights and a sunroof!

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
don't understand why you'd rather HIDs than dccd; one is literally for looks as far as sight is concerned and one enhances the cars driving ability; it's no contest for me as far as choosing between the two.
Well, HIDs will improve the car's divability at night, which is important, since I am not making this a dedicated race car.

I think its great that DCCD might be coming as an option, but I would still rather have HIDs as a viable option. DCCD sounds more like a track-needed option. If anyone tells me they need it for the street, then I'll tell you that you are fooling yourself. The car is tight as is...trust me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Driving at night with out HID is like driving a car with one headlight. Once you own a car w/ HID and xenons, its a different driving experience. Well i just hope Subaru with have DCCD and HID as options.

just my .02, Jack

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Amen on the HIDs. If you're knocking em, I can tell you haven't driven with em. And comparing DCCD to HIDs.....HIDs should be around a $500 option (if they aren't, I'll put in aftermarkets like I did on the Celica) and the DCCD will be at least a grand, probably more.

HIDs will let their advantage be known on at least a weekly basis without tinkering, while I'm going to bet half of the people who get the DCCD won't know how to use it properly or may never get the full advantage out of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
Amen on the HIDs. If you're knocking em, I can tell you haven't driven with em. And comparing DCCD to HIDs.....HIDs should be around a $500 option (if they aren't, I'll put in aftermarkets like I did on the Celica) and the DCCD will be at least a grand, probably more.

HIDs will let their advantage be known on at least a weekly basis without tinkering, while I'm going to bet half of the people who get the DCCD won't know how to use it properly or may never get the full advantage out of it.

i will be one of those people that probably never get the full use of the DCCD, but its nice to have it..... :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Tommi Makinen drives the new STi on the track.

I'm sure not knocking HIDs. I'd just like Subaru to bring in the basic STI, with a super motor having great power and torque, at a reasonable base price, and then make other things like DCCD, HIDs, forged wheels, stereos, and sunroofs as options. I know I'd chose the HID and DCCD options, and put a stereo in if I got an STI, while others might just get the basic car. I think this makes a lot of sense for a Subaru, much more so than high priced manufacturers like Porsche whose base prices are very high and then they still option you to death.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I want it all, and I am willing to pay for it all. Here is my priority list:

1) Sti Engine
2) 6 Speed with Suretrack Diffs
3) DCCD :D:D:D YUMMY :)
4) Everything else...

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Tommi Makinen drives the new STi on the track.

I want it all too.

All of the FAST stuff for the track

and the HIDS too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts