IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the stock WRX hood scoope fit on a USDM 04' STi and clear the top mount intercooler. If not are there any "smaller" aftermarket hood scoopes that might fit.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
why would you want smaller.....

It wouldn't cool your intercooler as much and... damn the big scoop just looks cool.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
the 04 wrx hood scoop will fit fine... of course the bigger one will feed more air to the ic...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
bigpuna said:
Can the stock WRX hood scoope fit on a USDM 04' STi and clear the top mount intercooler. If not are there any "smaller" aftermarket hood scoopes that might fit.
Don't forget to take off the wing and the stickers...

-st

·
Registered
7 Posts
now wait a sec...if homeboy wants to get the smaller scoop maybe hes going for a whole stealth thing... like i thought itd be cool to (waaaay down the road, and its just dreamin) but i thought itd be rad to get a wrx spoiler and scoop, take off the sti markings, and tune the hell out of the car. THEN anyone who thinks theyre all bad in their evos, would get a nasty surprise :p

if thats what youre goin for, thumbs up! :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Or get no spoiler, an FMIC w/ a RS 2.5 hood, have the brembos painted to blend in a little better.... Get some slightly less flashy wheels...

Honestly, if I was going for the sleeper look, the idea would to be to aviod attention from cops, not evo's. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to be trading my debadged Z28 for an STI this winter, my plan for the STI is to swap both the trunk AND HOOD with a 2.5RS owner, and put a black anodized FMIC on the car instead of the TMIC. All the logos come off the car too. sinister n stealthy

8)

G

·
I want to remove my hood scoop also. I didn't buy the car to impress others, I bought it for the performance. If I could take off the hood scoop without suffering in performance, it would already be gone.

I'd much rather have a fast car that no one knew was fast (especially the pigs).

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
SpikeEVO said:
I'm going to be trading my debadged Z28 for an STI this winter, my plan for the STI is to swap both the trunk AND HOOD with a 2.5RS owner, and put a black anodized FMIC on the car instead of the TMIC. All the logos come off the car too. sinister n stealthy

8)
The problem with getting an RS hood is that you add weight to your car. Their hood is not aluminum. You might want to look into a CF RS hood and get it painted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts