IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
I am just curious as to whether or not anyone here (especially in Edmonton) has performed the hood scoop cover mod as discussed previously on the main STi general forum. City driving will not be a big issue but highway driving does pose the posibility of rocks and such getting into the scoop and hitting the intercooler.

Cheers,

RASpecC

·
Registered
287 Posts
RASpecC said:
Hi all:
I am just curious as to whether or not anyone here (especially in Edmonton) has performed the hood scoop cover mod as discussed previously on the main STi general forum. City driving will not be a big issue but highway driving does pose the posibility of rocks and such getting into the scoop and hitting the intercooler.

Cheers,

RASpecC
I had my whole front covered in 3M.
You can't even see it on their & works great.
I live in Calgary.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Regarding the STi's backseat....

are you talking about the Hood scoop grill? or just a cover for the scoop? :eek:

if you're thinking of the hood scoop grill, there's a great DIY thread on the Modification section, just use search!
or you can buy it somewhere for like $25usd..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I should have made it clear that I was talking about a cover for the hood scoop not the front grill.

QWKRWRX: Did you find all the necessary parts at Home Depot? If and when I get an STi, i will definitely want this mod, however, in fear of scratching anything or breakin anything on the hood scoop I may try and get the Rally guys here in town to do it for me.

Cheers,

RASpecC

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used the plastic black gutter guard found @ home depot. Most people I believe are using the aluminum. The plastic is easy to work with as it is flexible and less likely to scratch something. It matches the mesh on the grill very close and you don't need to paint it. If a rock gets through this stuff you're going to have bigger problems than bent intercooler fins.

It's quite an easy mod to do. Just make sure you get all the bolts. There are 2 under the insulation as well. I broke one of the plastic clips for the insulation but it was no big deal to get another one from the local dealer.

Good Luck! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts