IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 3:15pm on friday (the 7th) and i was driving to class in Irvine, CA. I look in my rear view mirror and i see three imprezas approaching. I notice that the first one is a 22b style impreza (my favorite style), the second was a standard wrx, and the third was a NEW white prodrive STI. I had to do a double take to make sure i was seeing the real thing. Giant hood scoop, aggressive lights/bumper, and a giant wing; on top of that, it was a left hand drive!

I reached for my glovebox inorder to get my camera but it wasn't there. I took it out to replace the batteries :cry: :x .

This encounter made the rest of my day!

S

·
0 Posts
As it raced by, could you tell if it had the "secret" 2.5L engine? :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Marine06

Irvine you say? hmmm, wonder if Irvine Subaru knows anything about it...

Do you go to UCI?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
WOW!! :lol: :lol: :D :)

That would have just made my entire week, month, etc. :)

So you say it was the new-style front-end (non-bug eyed?)

WOW WOW WOW!!

JJ

·
Registered
30 Posts
Last year I was driving on Jamboree next to UCI when a Eurospec EVO7
comes by. I managed to get next to the driver and he said that the car was a Mitsi company test car. He said the car was even better than the hype. Of course, the EVO 7 is never coming to the US as the 8 will be the one. Still, why Irvine?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You design the STi commercial

Sorry scooby, but i couldn't tell if it was a 2.5 :p. Yes, i do go to UCI.

It was the standard STI that we all have been looking at since the Paris auto show. SnowbordrWRX, i was tempted to go into Irvine Subaru today to see if they knew anything about it; however, i assumed that they would deny any knowledge of it or would be left in the dark also.

Also, about 20minutes ago, a friend of mine and i came back from eating lunch going towards Aliso Viejo and we saw an imported RED EVOVII. It was awesome! We tried to follow it but my MX6 is too slow :( It too was a left hand drive EVOVII so im assuming the guy got it from EvolutionImports.

BTW, im never driving without a disposable camera again!

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Marine06 - You drive around without a camera again and we'll beat you senseless! There's a number of us who live in S. Cal so it won't be difficult!
btw, my brother went to UCI as well.

Haha...well I guess I'll keep an eye out for those cars :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Re: You design the STi commercial

What color were the wheels?

I guess that would be a good indicator of whether we're getting the gold or not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good chance SCC was also "involved".
Maybe everyone involved vowed to silence till we get closed to the date.

***It's a shame how pic's and specs sometimes get leaked [hint...hint]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
on top of it, my photosmart printer just died so my digital camera wouldnt print pictures if i had them. Don't worry all, i got a new printer; hopefully, i see the STI again. :D :D :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Break-In Methods

I say we all go STi hunting this weekend :lol: . Everyone bring their camera.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts