IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking a front swaybar only. (SCCA doesn't allow changing the rear in the "stock" classes.)

Of course, I want the best, which seems to be one of the hollow bars (Cobb or Hotchkis). So far, I haven't found anyone who sells just a hollow front bar...they're always paired with the rear. I'd rather not deal with buying a pair and selling the rear bar...

Do I have to settle for a solid bar?

·
Registered
312 Posts
i know that cobb has their front swaybar as a separate purchase item, but you might want to contact SEL GP, forum vendor, for a better price...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
porting wastegate issue

We don't list it on our web site, but yes, we can provide just the front swaybar from Cobb. Part of the reason is that the margins are so small with individual items; however, we will certainly do what ever we can.

Also, one thing to note is that they have been completely out of stock with these swaybars and earliest delivery looks like will be around late Feb.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The Cobb or Hotchkis front swaybars may be a bit too much for a front only application in AS racing. They are significantly stiffer than what you currently have and my guess is start to be detrimental to your cars ability to rotate, unless matched with the appropriate stiffer rear. I would recommend a Cusco 22mm front for your application. Of course, I could be wrong so if you do try one of the 25mm bars, let us know how it works!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just ended up going with the OEM endlinks for now. They are cheap and look like they should do the job except in unreasonable circumstances. If they bend again I will go with the links from hotchkis or perhaps noltec will have something available by then.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
cobb's site (and since its just like hotchiks) says that the front and rear sway bars are built together and should not be used seperately...

Robert~

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, they say the pair is balanced to remove understeer. I don't notice understeer in the stock setup, personally. Since I can't change the rear bar, I'm going to take my chances. If it's too unbalanced, I'll sell it and buy a smaller, maybe adjustable bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts