IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I don't need one. Didn't know that until after I ordered it so.........

I have the STi ecu pinouts and can't find the RPM signal to tap. Do any of you know where it is and what it's called? WHat's the speed signal pin too? And also, looking at the plugs, at the top of the diagram, are the numbers from the wire side or the pin side?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The TT came with instructions for a 2002 WRX so I found the 2002 ecu pinouts off of Ravensblade's website and cross-referenced the two so I could figure out what Subaru called each sensor.

Then I looked up those sensors on the STi ecu pinout (ECM I/O Signal) from the manual I downloaded and got this:

Plug B134:

Pin 23 = RPM

Plug B135:

Pin 5 = 12v Switched (ignition)
Pin 19 = 12v Constant
Pin 27 = Speed Sensor

Plug B136:

Pin 3 = #4 injector
Pin 4 = #3 injector
Pin 5 = #2 injector
Pin 6 = #1 injector
Pin 22 = P (FCD)
Pin 23 = P (AFR) Air/ Fuel

Plug B137:

Pin 1 = Ground

*There was no TPS info for our ECU I guess because we are drive by wire but this was the info on the diagram for the STi:

Plug B136:

Pin 18 = Main; Fully Closed = 0.6; Fully Open = 3.96
Pin 29 = Sub; Fully Closed = 1.48; Fully Open = 4.17

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
what is this product? If its a turbo timer (Im assuming TT) dont you just have to plug and play with a harness? or does it come with more featuers or soemthing? Just seems like a lot of info for such a simple mod (TT + wiring harness = 5 minute install).

Robert~

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This one measures 1/4 mile and 0-60ft. It needs a tap into the rpm and speed sensors. The extra info was for the HKS AFR and FCD if that was also purchased. I just did the homework for someone that needed it. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
yukonart

trey i have the same turbo timer and was wondering if you could be a little more spesific(spelling) on hooking up the rpm and speed sensors on the sti.

·
Registered
287 Posts
HKS Turbo Timer & BOV installed.

thermobox said:
i'm tryin to put mine in tomorrow so any info about install would be greatly appreciated thanx
I have installed my HKS Turbo Timer Type - 1, so if you need a hand let me know. I wrote down all instructions and have information on it.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Gruppe-S motorsport

thanx Transporter STi.i fought it this weekend.with the help of a few other forums on here.the only problem was those garbage
splice connectors.they didn't work very well.so i just spliced the wire.i like it alot.so if anyone else needs help me and you can hook em up

·
Registered
287 Posts
thermobox said:
thanx Transporter STi.i fought it this weekend.with the help of a few other forums on here.the only problem was those garbage
splice connectors.they didn't work very well.so i just spliced the wire.i like it alot.so if anyone else needs help me and you can hook em up
I thought those connectors were amazing. I used pliers. lol

NP anytime :D

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry for the late reply. Hope you guys got everything working like it should.

IM me if you need anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts