IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard the sound clip of the HKS hi power catback. It doesn't seems to be too loud from the outside. Can anyone concur? Yet, does the HKS Hi Power drone? I have a Helix catted downpipe, will the set up draw unwanted attension from cops? And will it drones in the cabin of the car? Because it seems to be a very nice exhuast and power gain for about $500; but I don't want it to annoy me when I am just driving around and attract unwanted attension. Thanks for any help.

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
its actually quite loud. im getting the hks carbon ti which is basically the same thing. its just loud enough for me. Its definately not the quietest exhaust but its not so loud that its annoying (atleast to me)

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the exact setup. It has no drone cruising down the highway at 80. It is a little loud. My neighbor has a prodrive exhaust on his STi and it is alot quieter. It is not an attention getter until you go WOT. The it just screams for someone to look at you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was also think about the prodrive oval, but that's only the axle back. And I don't think it's a full 3", will the power gain be the same as HKS hyper?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I dont find it loud at all. If you would like police attention you can surely have it with this exhaust but that is the case with almost all aftermarket units I have heard. Also, I have a helix catted downpipe with my hks carbon ti, I love the sound, no drone at all at highway speeds [70-75] around 80 my car has the smallest bit of drone but only if you the cabin is dead silent. If you listen to any music, talk, anything you wont notice it.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
it's pretty loud from the outside (and you can hear it well on the inside) but i dont find that it drones at all. i love mine :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts