IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang I need some advise. I have a chance to buy a hks ssq. b.o.v. I've been looking at the bblitz and the greddy but I don't know much about the hks. I've looked through some of the threads and didn't see any head to head comparisons of the different types. This will be one of my first mods. I have a grounding kit on order from staticx and am getting a perrin pulley this week. I'm just not quite sure if the b.o.v. is worth it at this time. It's my understanding that they are more important when you start opening up the exhaust side of the motor.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
BOVs add zero performance. They add the cool sneeze and some underhood bling. External venting BOVs interfere with the ECU's ability to adjust the air/fuel mix.

·
Registered
167 Posts
FYI their right, theres a thread on it now but the HKS is IMO superior to the blitz(I'm assuming the Dual Drive) and the Greddy (Type R?) since it works alot like the stock bypass valve and reacts very quickly to pressure changes. Although it still will hamper your A/F readings if vented to atmosphere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts