IW STi Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Straight out of my brother's 2009 WRX manual.

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/gstuiep/IMG_0928_zpsa8db7d9e.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/gstuiep/IMG_0929_zps0e74584c.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

Hopefully this will at least clear that myth up and help you rule out something simple!:tup:
Thank you very much!!
It looks to only be the STI tho :/
Dang I was hopeful

I checked most of the fuses and also found nothing.

I'm kinda not sure what to do, or where to check next. any other ideas?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just thought I would go ahead and update with the issue that I had. What ended up being the issue was my Clutch Pedal assembly being crushed. After that was fixed light went away. Thank you all for the help.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Just thought I would go ahead and update with the issue that I had. What ended up being the issue was my Clutch Pedal assembly being crushed. After that was fixed light went away. Thank you all for the help.
Can you elaborate a bit, how was the clutch pedal assembly crushed? What did you have to replace? My light just came on and not too sure what may be causing it. It used to go away when I turn the car off but it looks like it's here to stay now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, I'm having a similar issues after replacing my brake pads. The lights usually come on after going in reverse sometimes. Could you please elaborate about the crushed clutch pedal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
bumping thread to decipher OP's mystery
Also bumping. Changed my clutch and now have no hill assist. Didn't notice it until I relashed on my Cobb Accessport from Stage 2+ SF 93 Oct to Stage 2+SF 91 Oct... Tried to turn Hill assist back on using the factory instructions in the manual, but it didn't work. I'd like to find the solution to this without paying a dealer to troubleshoot! Can anyone help solve this and finish this thread?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bumping again. When my hill assist is active (on a hill) the light is not illuminated. Do I have to enable the light?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Bump

Just just happened to me yesterday out of the blue and I can't figure out who to get the light off.
Ive had problems with this on my 08 sti. The light went on 9mths ago and never went off. Until I did my front brakes this past weekend then the light went off for 2 days. On day 3 it came back on. So I'm wondering if there isn't a sensor on the front that i's causing the problem. Anyways I'll keep hunting... the dealer told me that it was a faulty switch on the trans that could be repaired for a cool 300..I'm skeptical of that now...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts